Greetings from NC

Guest Chemsoldier

Guest Chemsoldier

Hello everyone,

I am a military service member from Fayetteville NC. You can blame me on Marswolf, I know him from elsewhere.

I am a 10mm fanatic, reload a lot and am one of a minority who has actually purchased a short barreled .44 magnum for concealed carry. Calm down, I dont use hunting loads, I am nuts not crazy.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome, and Thank You for your service!

I guess we can let it slide that you know Mars... just remember that you'll be watched :rofl:

I look forward to your input, even if you do like Glocks... I'm a 10mm 'wannabe' myself, simply because I don't own one, yet.

Make yourself at home. :rofl:

Guest Chemsoldier

Thanks Molonlabetn! If you want to get into 10mm I suggest you learn to stop worrying and love the Glock. They produce the most durable and common 10mm (G20) and the only mass market practical carry 10mm (G29). I own four 10mm handguns and with the exception of my S&W 610 revolver, my non-Glocks all have popular literature telling me that I need to use FBI Lite ammo or I will beat them to death.

Guest Chemsoldier
Dammit - I came here to get away from those people on the other board and they followed.

Just kidding, welcome Chem. Glad to have you aboard.

Yeah, I guess they will let anyone in this joint

Thanks Molonlabetn! If you want to get into 10mm I suggest you learn to stop worrying and love the Glock. They produce the most durable and common 10mm (G20) and the only mass market practical carry 10mm (G29). I own four 10mm handguns and with the exception of my S&W 610 revolver, my non-Glocks all have popular literature telling me that I need to use FBI Lite ammo or I will beat them to death.

I was leaning more towards a 10mm 1911 (a Dan Wesson Razorback, specifically)

I am quite happy with sticking to .357sig for carry... I can't get used to the Glock grip, especially on the thicker, long-action frames (G20, 21, 29 & 30)... if they build a G20SF, I might be a little more flexible... But I still wouldn't carry it.

Guest Chemsoldier
I was leaning more towards a 10mm 1911 (a Dan Wesson Razorback, specifically)

I am quite happy with sticking to .357sig for carry... I can't get used to the Glock grip, especially on the thicker, long-action frames (G20, 21, 29 & 30)... if they build a G20SF, I might be a little more flexible... But I still wouldn't carry it.

I dont think they will make a 20SF. The problem with the 20/21 frame is not just the thickness but the length. You cannot get around the length with the 10mm, its just a long bastard. All double stack 10mm handguns are going to be a beast.

I dont think they will make a 20SF. The problem with the 20/21 frame is not just the thickness but the length. You cannot get around the length with the 10mm, its just a long bastard. All double stack 10mm handguns are going to be a beast.

The full-size EAA Witness 10mm that I got to spend a few minutes with over a year ago was very ergonomically pleasing... and they hold 15+1. I'm a sucker for CZ and BHP clones... But, for what I'd be doing, I'd rather have the single-stack 1911 frame. Simple preference.

A 10mm chambered G36-frame gun would be quite welcome, as well...

Welcome to the board

I like the Dan Wesson 10mm CBOB. Commander length slide and bobtail. I know where you can get one Mr. Molonlabe :rofl:

I know, I know...

I swear that I fondle every DW 10mm that Dan & Joe have up there every time I visit. :rofl:

I just keep having things come up... And we're cranking away at paying off my wife's car and my student loan, so, by Jan/Feb '08, I figure, I'll have freed up a significant amount of the budget, being debt-free 'cept for the house.

As it is now, I'd rather use my portion of my spending money to shoot the guns I do have, and primarily to stock up on essentials (in leiu of any ban), than buy a bunch of guns that I wouldn't be able to afford to shoot.

A little heads up on banned guns. Joe and Dan are selling brand new stripped Stag AR lowers for $135. Since the lower is essentially the "gun", a person could buy a lower and let it sit until they wanted to build it up since it is not a banned lower yet.

Finally a voice of reason and sanity! And coming to us because of Marswolf! Oh, the irony! :rofl:

"If you want to get into 10mm I suggest you learn to stop worrying and love the Glock. They produce the most durable and common 10mm (G20) and the only mass market practical carry 10mm (G29). I own four 10mm handguns and with the exception of my S&W 610 revolver, my non-Glocks all have popular literature telling me that I need to use FBI Lite ammo or I will beat them to death."

Seriously, Mars has been an EXCELLENT contributor to TGO, so you are most welcome! And a guy who sees the Glock for what it is. Thanks for your service and welcome!

Guest GlocKingTN
Uh oh....

Hi Chem!

Don't let him fool you. He not only likes 10mm, but also Glocks. :rofl:

Thats a good thing!:rofl:

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Guest mrnord

Welcome From Mosheim, and don't let these guys wool ya' round, The Glock is an excellent handgun. I love my G22.!

Carl

Guest Boomhower

Welcome Chemsoldier....Looks like you have already found you place here at TGO.

Do you live in NC, or stationed there? We won't hold either against ya.

Guest Ghostrider

Welcome aboard!

And thank you for your service, it is most appreciated by those that value the freedoms you help preserve!

And, well, I'm a .45 biggot, but don't let that stop you! :rofl: