Can they take our guns?

Guest Boonie

Some folks really amaze me with their paranoid delusions that our government will come to our homes and take our guns away.

I'm fairly confident Obama will come out with some sort of ban. I'm almost as equally confident that he will do his best to make it more difficult for us to buy other guns and ammo.

Even though I couldn't force myself to vote for him, the idea that Obama is the reincarnation of Hitler is quite absurd. Obama is no more of a Hitler-type Nazi dicator that Bill Clinton was when he signed into law the AWB back in 1994. We managed to live though Clinton's ban, and I'm sure we will manage to live though another one if/when Obama is able to get his way.

Yes, the thought of another AWB sucks. No, I don't think it's the governments right to infringe on our Constitutional Rights, but lets not turn this into something it isn't. Remember, this isn't a dictatorship, and Obama would need the assistance of a whole lot of people to put a door-to-door search and seizure into effect. I would seriously like to believe that he wouldn't get near the support needed for such a venture.

Even if he is able to get another AWB passed, it's not going to happen anytime soon. It took nearly 2 years for Bill Clinton to get the first AWB passed.

Everyone getting themselves into a premature frenzy is ridiculous. The guy wasn't elected (NOT SWORN IN) President for 24 hours and people started going mental. Making such knee jerk reactions and immediately buying up all the guns and ammo makes no more sense than the wackjobs who sit in line for 3 hours because some fool said there was going to be a gas shortage. We all saw what happened there. It was little more than an opportunity for unnecessary inflated fuel prices, only to be called "supply and demand". That was a joke just like the unnecessary inflated prices of gun related items. It's nothing more than suppliers getting more wealthy off the fear of the American people.

Triple,

I like ya and have always liked your posts so don't take personal offense to the following:

It's comments like this that scares me the most. Not politicians taking my guns away, but wondering who amongst us would actually DO anything about it. Standing up and fighting is one thing, but standing up and facing death is another.

We all have families and no one wants to die, but if I can't live in a free country that my ancestors fought and died for, I don't know if life is really worth living anyway. Freedom is only truly deserved by those who are willing to fight for it.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Triple,

I like ya and have always liked your posts so don't take personal offense to the following:

It's comments like this that scares me the most. Not politicians taking my guns away, but wondering who amongst us would actually DO anything about it. Standing up and fighting is one thing, but standing up and facing death is another.

We all have families and no one wants to die, but if I can't live in a free country that my ancestors fought and died for, I don't know if life is really worth living anyway. Freedom is only truly deserved by those who are willing to fight for it.

No offense taken.:rofl:

I fully understand where you're coming from, but nowhere did I say that I would or wouldn't fight and/or die for what I believe is a Constitutional Right. I was only trying to voice my opinion regarding the likelihood and severity of certain actions that may or may not be forced upon us by our elected officials.

I'd rather not discuss how extreme I may or may not become in such a situation--At least not over a public internet forum.

No offense taken.:rofl:

I fully understand where you're coming from, but nowhere did I say that I would or wouldn't fight and/or die for what I believe is a Constitutional Right. I was only trying to voice my opinion regarding the likelihood and severity of certain actions that may or may not be forced upon us by our elected officials.

I'd rather not discuss how extreme I may or may not become in such a situation--At least not over a public internet forum.

I understand that. :rofl:

Guest nraforlife

Understand that 100$

Guest bigsack
I think all it will take is one incident, either real, or staged once Obama is sworn in. And with as many billybubba rednecks, skinheads, idiots, Clansmen, or just some nut with voices telling him to go do his deranged duty there are out there it won't take long before someone supplies them with exactly what they are looking for. They won't hesitate to act first and then fight the court battle of whether its constitutional or not for the next eight to ten years. :rolleyes:

i have been thinking the same thing, sorta.

what we need to do is tell the "tin-foil brigade" and all of the skinheads, idiots, clansmen etc. that if they feel the need to do something really really stupid in the direction of ANY elected officials then DON'T use a GUN! all of us normal gun owners don't need that kinda heat, and the anti-gunners don't need the ammo

.....what we need to do is tell the "tin-foil brigade" and all of the skinheads, idiots, clansmen etc. that if they feel the need to do something really really stupid in the direction of ANY elected officials then DON'T use a GUN! all of us normal gun owners don't need that kinda heat, and the anti-gunners don't need the ammo

Okay, I'll call a meeting of them all over at my place next week, and will lay that info on them.

- OS

Guest bigsack
Okay, I'll call a meeting of them all over at my place next week, and will lay that info on them.

- OS

i appreciate that! its good to know that we have some members with connections around here...:rolleyes:

Guest FNandGlock

At this point no they can not take them.

They (left wingers) would have to create a bill that would have to pass congress which at this point is scary because even though they dont have 60 democrats there are no so right wing or pro gun republicans that can be bought by a democrat mean you sign this bill I will sign yours. Then if it passes congress the president in power signs off which in turn becomes a Law. What the law would be is to be seen. This is not just creating a new law but changing the constitution which is not as easy. Can it be done completely yes but it would take years. Like some one above said Tax them out that will do it without raising awareness to the everyday person who just may not hunt,shoot or collect but likes the idea that he can if he wants. What he will do is tax it first, go for ban of weapons that have a pistol grip on rifles, then start on different types of ammo. This will start making some weapons just go away and what they do in the end is tax the crap out of ammo, kill types of guns that people love thus making the interest of collecting less. Now Im just pissing myself off, sorry guys. Its not gloom and doom yet but we were better off 4 days ago. Talk to people in countries like Britian and some others they will tell you the biggest problem was MEN SAT IDOL!!! I dont know about you guys but I personally am writing well written letters to all my reps in goverment just stating my concerns without sounding like a pissed off gun owner more of a protecter of the constitution in a whole with a reference more to the gun ban concerns (2nd Amd. as well as the 1st Amd. that they are trying to do with Fair talk). Anyways sorry if I sound like an ass.

The course that they most assuredly will take. My theory is that that unopposed, it will progress something like this:

1st step... new, non-expiring "Assault Weapons" ban.

2nd step... serious taxation on ammo and firearms themselves. Likely parallel with the passing of the 1st step.

3rd step... government sponsored buy-backs

4th step... forced forfeiture and confiscation

Well put.

Also, somewhere in between 1st and 4th will be OSHA certifying ammunition as an explosive and regulating the purchase of.

I agree, they won't outlaw firearms at first, they just make it so damn expensive that not only can you buy firearms/ammo/accessories, it'll be just as hard to keep a business to sell what the few can afford.