Canik TP9sa at the NRA SHOW

jgradyc

Hickock never in years has ever panned any gun,he just shoots and says
life is good..I enjoys his point of view but he is never critical ..

The Decocker is plain stupid on this gun ,,,

That's very true. He'll point out some con's, but that seems to be about it. He seems so happy just shooting and talking that he makes me happier.

Hickock never in years has ever panned any gun,he just shoots and says
life is good..I enjoys his point of view but he is never critical ..

The Decocker is plain stupid on this gun ,,,

Ducking while saying this, but I totally agree with you.

That's very true. He'll point out some con's, but that seems to be about it. He seems so happy just shooting and talking that he makes me happier.

I guess that's what I like about Hickock. Every gun(well almost) will have some good features, and he will manage to point them out, while just mentioning the flaws in a quiet way.

Did he review the fiasco known as Caracel?

I believe he did. Can't prove it, as I haven't checked up on it, but seems like I remember him doing one.
Maybe he deleted it. Not to hide it, but to keep someone from thinking good thoughts them.

Most YouTube reviews aren't really reviews either. They typically tell you in 10 minutes what you could have read in a minute. Not to mention all the awkwardness. Hickok45 is laid back and pleasant to the ears.

It seems really odd to add a decocker. It is one more thing that can be mess up the action, and it really doesn't serve a purpose. If someone thinks that will keep kids safe messing with a loaded gun, then that is just sad. For a range gun, the decocker doesn't bother me. For a self defense gun, I would look elsewhere. If they came out with one without it, then I would consider it if it gets a positive long term reviews. Right now it is just a flash in the pan.

Based on what I read on another forum, the primary purpose of the decocker is to allow the gun to be safely reholstered after it has been drawn. It probably wouldn't matter on a side of hip OWB holster, but a back of hip reholstering a single action handgun with a 5lb trigger would be a little too risky for me. But as zybysco said, for self defense, I'd look elsewhere anyway.

As for the trigger itself, it felt a LOT better than most guns I handled at the NRA convention and about as good as guns costing several times more. 

Well, I did get to shoot one this morning. Man, it is sweet! Deadly accurate, the trigger is excellent. Wasn't able to get 18 rounds in the mags, though. They're marked 18, but I couldn't get them past 17. Maybe some break in time.

The decocker is a complete non-issue. There's no way you could engage that accidentally. NO way. It seems to be part of the disassemble process. No big deal.

Great shooter for the money. Heck, great shooter for a considerably higher price point, too. Definitely a bargain right now. Can't see these staying this reasonable. As folks find out about them, they're bound to go up. Well made, no visible tool marks, very clean. Grip feels excellent in the hand.

All ready to go with a serpa holster, too. Belt and paddle attachments. I'm very impressed.

EDIT: Wanted to add... in disagreement with "NADS"head, this looks and feels MUCH better than the original TP9. It is more svelte, more ergonomic, just a general all-around better offering.

Edited by Steelharp
Good report SH and much as I was expecting with the decocker tiring into the dissembling process rather than pulling the trigger on a hopefully empty chamber. No it's not necessary but I can understand how someone would think it a promotable safety feature even if it's not.