Any of you guys own a Toyota Highlander (2012 year range)?

My wife and I are looking at a 2012 Highlander Limited and I'm hoping to get some feedback on them. They seem to get good reviews and this one literally has everything she wants for what seems to be a decent price. I'm sure it's like any other Toyota and very reliable but I just don't have a lot of history with them. 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 2011 that we bought new. The difference between the Limited and mine was dual climate control up front and the rims pretty much. My V6 is getting 25 on long trips and 19 around town. Its fun and moves along pretty good if you have a heavy foot. Second row is fairly comfortable also with the reclining seats and its own hvac. Choose this over the Honda Pilot and Chevy Traverse.

I have a 2011 that we bought new. The difference between the Limited and mine was dual climate control up front and the rims pretty much. My V6 is getting 25 on long trips and 19 around town. Its fun and moves along pretty good if you have a heavy foot. Second row is fairly comfortable also with the reclining seats and its own hvac. Choose this over the Honda Pilot and Chevy Traverse.

Cool. This one is AWD as opposed to 4WD in an out so I'll have to do some research on that. It also has Nav, rear seat monitors, sunroof, etc. Pretty much loaded out. She just loves it so I hope there are no problems with it once we see it.

It's a Toyota bro.  Buy it if you want it.  

Personally, I the AWD thing is an immediate turn off for me, but as far as being mechanically sound???  It's a friggin' Toyota!

AWD is a pain when it comes to tires.  You can't just toss two new ones on the front.  You gotta replace them all.  You're beggin for trouble if you don't.  Tire life is reduced significantly over 2wd or regular 4wd.  Religious tire rotation is a MUST.  I hate them.  ,......then again, I sell tires and they eat them up, so maybe I don't hate them all that much. :rofl:

It's a Toyota bro.  Buy it if you want it.  

Personally, I the AWD thing is an immediate turn off for me, but as far as being mechanically sound???  It's a friggin' Toyota!

AWD is a pain when it comes to tires.  You can't just toss two new ones on the front.  You gotta replace them all.  You're beggin for trouble if you don't.  Tire life is reduced significantly over 2wd or regular 4wd.  Religious tire rotation is a MUST.  I hate them.  ,......then again, I sell tires and they eat them up, so maybe I don't hate them all that much. :rofl:

Dude my wife needs all the help she can get with traction.  :pleased:

Well luckily that one has sold already and we found a few cheaper ones at Beaman with a few less bells and whistles but still has most everything she wants.  :rofl:  Gonna go check them out tonight and hopefully find one she likes! She has been having a tough time lately missing her family since we moved to Nashville so I feel I need to let here just get whatever she wants within reason. You know the saying about mama not being happy.