Making something for Robert O'Neill (Bin Laden shooter), need advice possible help.

Hey fellas, I have a friend who is making something (sorry, I can't say what it is yet) to give to Robert O'Neill and he wants to incorporate spent shell casings and maybe some slugs into the design.

I'm looking for your help in figuring/guessing what calibers of weapons he would have been using either on that mission, or just in general for a member of SEAL Team 6. We're also looking for at least 4 spent .50BMG cases, preferably of a headstamp in use by the military. I ask specifically because there are a few uses where the diameter of the 50 case will be perfect.

I have spent LC 5.56 cases, and would also like some spent 7.62x51 LC if anyone has some.

Do SEALS carry .45s? I have some commercial headstamp 45, but I also believe there is a Lake City headstamp for 45 and would like some of those as well. Looking for just 4 to 6 cases of each type.

I can meet in S Nashville to Murfreesboro after 4 pm weeknights or any time on the weekends.

I have a fair amount of popular handgun auto brass and would be happy trade a sandwich baggie of your preferred caliber for just a few of these rounds we're looking for.

Thanks in advance for your input!
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And this goes to my original opinion that OBL was dead long before this "raid". Heard from multiple sources at different times that OBL died of typhoid in 2005 or 2006. I believe Obama took a chance and used it to get elected again.

Well I'm not to sure I'd buy into the deceased in 05/06 from typhoid or other aspect but do have concerns regarding the legitimacy of claims on who actually shot OBL. I have strong personal feelings about the entire OBL raid and subsequent claims, allegations and commercialization.  

Thank you, Bigtruuck and Buck! PMs sent.

My friend works for the company that has commissioned the piece. He only has instructions for one right now.

I appreciate everyone's opinion of what did or did not happen and who they think was or was not involved. However, my friend's position is not one of deciding WHAT or how many should or should not be made, he is simply trying to carry out the task professionally and to the best of his abilities. We both appreciate any help offered. Edited by musicman