XS or STI night sights

none

Ok i feel lke i have been doing two much research. From what i am hearing xs sights are getting mixed reviews with some saying that they are not a sound choice for anything beyond up close. So I guess to me it seems like I would be limiting myself going with the xs sights? Seems like the two dot set up might be a better way to go? Besides I am wondering why mess with a proven set up?

I shoot pop cans 75 yards away with the big dot. My shooting area is 75 yards long.

@50 feet I can shoot 4inch groups with my G21 off hand. Your mileage my vary.

Not being sarcastic but were you able to get the same results with stock sights?

Also do you have have manipulate the placement of the dot at farther distances?

Thanks
Not able to get same results with stock sights. I have a hard time without reader glasses to get windage right. Elevation was no problem with stock sights, but windage was rough.

The big dot is just that, big. Stock notch and post sights come from rifles. Great for target shooting but not the best for combat shooting. I can see the big dot without looking for it, and line it up without knowing it. For me it is just way faster to aim, or pick it up fast without point shooting or reactionary shooting.

At night it is a world of difference compared to lining up three dots. It is amazing how my eyes line two up fast at night. ( Yes I do night fire.)

From zero to about 50 feet the dot sits up just like a golf ball on a tee. Mine hits behind the dot, not above. So I have the dots top on the targets top /oval shaped 10 ring line. The round hits the X (dead center) If that makes sense. So basically when my eyes see a complete dot, I cover what I want to hit.

If you were close you could test drive my G21 with them. I carry this pistol all day atleast 5 days a week, for the last 11 years. The sights have been on it for several years. I won't go back. Edited by Tncobra
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd go with the XS. So easy to use and see.

Ended going with Novaks target master trijicon night sight and Competition wide notch Navaks rear sight.

They are fast and offer the confidence I need when long shots become necessary.

Very pleased with the combination.

I'll echo everything Tncobra has posted, too. I think my experience coincided with shooting more and working on the fundamentals, but I shoot better (and much quicker) with my XS big dots than I do with 3-dot sights. Shooting at distance comes down to practice and fundamentals, too. I can consistently hit an 8-inch steel plate at 75 yards with big dots on both my Glock 19 and M&P Shield. Once you've practiced with them a few times, I think you'll find that they become very natural compared to traditional 3-dot sights.