XD Springer Precision trigger Kit

I feel like I can do the install on this but would like to hear from another what to expect. The video's are helpful but show a XDM. Mine is a XD with thumb safety and brand new. Any Springfield mechanics lurking around? I really appreciate any help or leads. Thanks Sunfish      

I did my XD9.  You'll have to file the trigger bar for the overstop to work.  You'll also have to take a little off the safety portion of the trigger.  Other than watching the videos a few times, it was pretty easy.  I'm amazed at how simple these particular pistols are.  Good luck, but it's really not that hard.

I did the Powder River Precision kit on both my XD and XDm. Not sure how the Springer kit is different, but like JPR said, the XD/XDm are pretty simple inside, so once you get going it's easy to see how things work together. I will watch the videos and see how they differ. If you get stuck, PM me and I'll send you my phone number and see if I can help out.

Powder River kits are different than Springer.  Springer is the only one that offers a kit for the thumb safety model. I don't think either kit would be difficult to install. The XDs are easier than the XDm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IKWRmQXsJk

Edited by JPR1959
JPR1959, on 21 Jul 2015 - 2:06 PM, said:

Powder River kits are different than Springer.  Springer is the only one that offers a kit for the thumb safety model. I don't think either kit would be difficult to install. The XDs are easier than the XDm.

Edited by Sunfish

For me and my XD....its not the taking apart but the putting back together that worries me..... :rofl:

There's 3 videos from Springer, but I only posted the first one.  It's not that hard.  These pistols are pretty simple. Putting a Volquartsen trigger kit into my Ruger MkIII and turning it into a MkII wasn't too hard.  Putting the pistol back together was very rough.  Beating that barrel onto the frame with a rubber mallet made me cringe!!!

Edited by JPR1959

For me and my XD....its not the taking apart but the putting back together that worries me..... :rofl:

As long as you leave the grip safety and mag release in, it's not a big deal. You just need to learn to use a punch as a guide for a pin in one or two places and you're set. Oh, and keep track of that teeny tiny striker safety spring.

The new trigger bar is a solid milled piece. From what I gather there is two places where material has to be removed. The sear looks really good.  I'm in for $261.40 now for the kit, ejector and extra power striker spring, pin punch set and firing pin. I really hope this turns out well and I'm going to take the time to get it rite. Thanks to all for the reassuring words. Sunfish           

Edited by Sunfish