Went to the funeral procession for USMC Staff Sgt. David Allen Wyatt today

Thousands showed up.....thousands of flags were flying.....the street was lined on both sides for miles.....over 800 Patriot Guard Riders. I'm sure everyone had a lump in their throat when the procession drove by.  I know mine did.  Rest in peace Sgt. David Allen Wyatt. Thank you for your service and ultimate sacrifice representing our country.

Edited to include a video. This is the area I was at. Northgate Mall. The Patriot Guard Riders were amazing.  The crowd you see on both sides of the road continued for the entire 18 or so miles where practical. Another thing is how quiet and respectful it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i83pWp9RVgM

Edited by Randall53
  • Like 12

The wife and I took our kids out today.  I wanted the kids (9,11 and 17) to be part of this and hopefully gain some understanding of the sacrifice that others are making to give them such a good life.  We were on the road side for about 3 hours today and the turn out was amazing but honestly, it was not at all surprising.  I new that this town would turn out to show respect.  Tuesday I will take the kids back out for Naval officer Randall Smith's funeral.  

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife and kids ended up having to go to the roadside without me.  The day before the funeral my SWAT team was asked to provide security at the church before and during the service.  We were asked to be present but not be seen.   We were very well hidden to maintain a tactical advantage and also to not upset the children.  While I spent the day peaking out of a window, it was an honor getting to serve the family in some fashion.

• Like 2