4 Lb AR-15

Ted S.

Wouldn't a gym membership have been a little more cost effective?  Do you even lift bro?

:taunt:

I can't risk losing any more weight, my bmi is already really low. Plus, I do what I want, yo!  :tough:

Still patiently weighting on pictures.

;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me shoot it first!

Out of curiosity what is the weight of the complete lower. After all these threads on ultralight AR, I think I am going to jump in. I am going to start with the lower.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

18.5 oz without a stock, vs. 26.6 oz of my 5.56 lower without the stock. Both have lighter than milspec buffers, and both have hammers with the hook cut off. Essentially, given similar modified parts, I saved a litte over half a pound on the reciever using the lightest parts otherwise available on the market (minus the FCG, I have a ALG ACT in my 300 BO vs. a poly trigger that I assume is still available somewhere).

Edited by Ted S.
Thanks, I just needed to see if I was way off or doing things right. I am at 22.75with a poly lower and standard buffer and stock. Those will be replaced and I should hit near if not under 1lb. I have shot the poly a lot and it seems to work well but I will be swapping out with a MAG lower after I see how low I can go. I think a new barrel and light bcg I should hit under 5lbs. I will see though.

• Like 1

Thanks, I just needed to see if I was way off or doing things right. I am at 22.75with a poly lower and standard buffer and stock. Those will be replaced and I should hit near if not under 1lb. I have shot the poly a lot and it seems to work well but I will be swapping out with a MAG lower after I see how low I can go. I think a new barrel and light bcg I should hit under 5lbs. I will see though.

And it seems like cheaper alternatives to what I've gotten for my build come out all the time, so you have that.

If you need any lathe work to lighten the barrel let me know LF.

They also make a butt pad that clamps to the buffer tube. Can't get much lighter than that.

Thanks, I might take you up on that.

I am planning on one of those stocks. It should put my lower right at 1lb.

Problems feeding. Could be the magazine, the ammo, or the chamber. It seems to not like gemtech ammo.

Yeah, gemtech is one of those either runs like a champ or the gun you brought to the party hates it with a passion. That's not bad mouthing the product just one of the realities of life and feeding an SAR. 

Yeah....good ideal, especially after recalling you had some issues with your gas tube...makes me wonder...

I'm confident to gas tube isn't an issue anymore. The weapon cycled fine with Ron's reloads while using Pmags. I found the Hexmags didn't feed the Gemtech or Ron's ammo reliably. But with the Gemtech, it didn't care what magazine was being used.