7.62 ideas!

Guest GlocKingTN

Guest GlocKingTN

I can get my hands on a Japanese 7.62 for a really good price! Anyone know what these things are worth? I dont have any other info, just that its japanese and its a 7.62! My understanding, its in excellent shape.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can get my hands on a Japanese 7.62 for a really good price! Anyone know what these things are worth? I dont have any other info, just that its japanese and its a 7.62! My understanding, its in excellent shape.

I'm assuming it's a WW2 era. The only thing I have heard about Japanese firearms is that they only have collector value. I have heard that function and quality they were junk. I saw a Tales Of The Gun episode once where some guy had a Nambu pistol that had the sear on the outside of the pistol, he touched it with his finger and it fired. He made a comment that probably a few Japanese officers shot themselves in the leg holstering this pistol. :stare:

Now if it's new then I have no idea, I haven't seen any new Japanese firearms.

I can get my hands on a Japanese 7.62 for a really good price!

Since you don’t know what it is I’m assuming by “really good price†you mean it’s a $100 rifle? biggrin.gif

If it is an Arisaka Type 99 rechambered from 7.7mm to 30-06; that is not a great deal. If it is a .308 Weatherby Vanguard (Howa of Japan) it’s not a bad deal; it’s $375 new.

Guest GlocKingTN
Since you don’t know what it is I’m assuming by “really good price†you mean it’s a $100 rifle? biggrin.gif

If it is an Arisaka Type 99 rechambered from 7.7mm to 30-06; that is not a great deal. If it is a .308 Weatherby Vanguard (Howa of Japan) it’s not a bad deal; it’s $375 new.

And yes, thats exactly what Im saying, $100! I can get a Mossberg 12ga Pump, sawed off 12ga pump, and the Jap 7.62, ALL for $200. And no they arent HOT!:stare:

I would consider buying them if I knew I could get rid of them.:stare:

Guest Ghostrider

Most of the jap WWII stuff, especially built after 43/44 is complete and utter crap. Not only poorly designed, but very poorly constructed of very poor materials. Everything possible was done to reduce parts count and the quality of the parts, including leaving off bits that weren't 100% necessary to the firing of the weapons.

Later variants didn't even have names or numbers, just the flower (Chrysanthemum???) on it, which was supposed to be filed off before it was turned over to the allies at the surrender.

And yes, thats exactly what Im saying, $100! I can get a Mossberg 12ga Pump, sawed off 12ga pump, and the Jap 7.62, ALL for $200. And no they arent HOT!:stare:

I would consider buying them if I knew I could get rid of them.:stare:

which mossy? i've been looking for a HD shotty