1911, why?

Guest Astra900

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what? You're right. I give up.

It must be a figment of my imagination that the firing pin blocker ever existed nor did 1980 ever happen. I think I'll roll down to Ft. Benning. I bet I can pick up some M9's in every pawn shop and sell them for scrap.

I don't think I'll post here anymore, either. I'm sure boatman can provide much more amusement than I ever did, and he's an expert after all.

Condition One And Only

Was the only thing in the article I was referencing.. you come off like I posted bull Shi# .. I am defensive from working 20 years in corrections before I moved here DUDE. I am also done posting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didnt see anything about soldiers trading weapons.

Boatman says:

"Is it any wonder that soldiers fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq have been known to hurl their Berettas at the enemy and trade cold hard cash and all the fruitcakes and love letters from home for 1911s at every opportunity?" which as far as I know, hasn't happened very often, if ever.

Guest Astra900

WOW!

Relax people:tough:

I enjoy a good, friendly argument. That's why I started the post. I think it fun to argue back and forth on these sort of things. I learn things that way. I've even been opened up to a few things I didn't know {which is rare cuz I know everything:drama::P}

Seriously, argue your point but :), yeah?

Guest Astra900
Boatman says:

"Is it any wonder that soldiers fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq have been known to hurl their Berettas at the enemy and trade cold hard cash and all the fruitcakes and love letters from home for 1911s at every opportunity?" which as far as I know, hasn't happened very often, if ever.

If I were a soldier and I did that, would that be a free, one way ticket, do not pass go and collect $200, trial before court marshall? I would think that COULD even land you with a dishonorable discharge, but I don't know. I know I wouldn't try it, as much as I would want to.

Wow... I don't think I've ever read an article so correct in its conclusions, yet so incredibly flawed in its logic... :D

And, BTW, have you ever met some the "experts" that write for gun magazines? Sure, some of them are BTDT guys, but some of them, to be polite... aren't.

DanO

.... who BTW, has only been genuinely in fear for his life on a firing range one time... when I was present during a qualification shoot for corrections officers... I actually considered wrapping myself in B27 targets... they seemed to be the only thing safe on the range.