Glock 9mm Cans and sights

Looking at 9mm cans now that my 5,56 can is home.
I see many of the different models interfere with the sights. How are you guys dealing with it? I currently have trijicon night sights on the pistol I plan to suppress. Sure hate to have to buy sights on top of another barrel.
I know there are models that are offset. I'm considering those too.

Just curious what you guys are doing.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mounted Ameriglo suppressor sights on my Glock 19.  They cleared the Octane 9 just fine, but did little or nothing to improve my groups at 10 meters or less and interfered with holstering when carrying without my suppressor . They came off within a week. I would suggest shooting with your present sights and suppressor before buying elevated sights.  You may be surprised.

Besides, Mitch Rapp never used them.

I have a b tube awaiting approval. They are overly thick in the wall. Mine is turned down between threads .02. Shaved 2oz off the weight. I'll be using 6-7 modified Ti VSR's and the mount will be the liberty booster. B tube is the smallest I'd go for a centerfire pistol can. My weight will be down to 12-13oz with mount.5f322ecefc2d10465c4fab409d541bf1.jpg

Edited by Jct1911

I plan on keeping my at the original OD because it will see some time on my shorty AKs.

VSR?

Valve stem retainers.

You could take a look at the new AAC illusion which is offset and allows the use of stock sights.  I believe the new SF Ryder also does not interfere with sight picture.  Both can be disassembled for cleaning.

I personally just sight through the can with both an octane and a tirant.

I will, however, take a look at those new XS sights.

I have thought about using VSRs but they would require some spacers. I prefer to make my baffles with their own skirt.

At one point I also considered using lightweight valve springs as spacers and allowed the baffles to float and move. My thinking was that it would let baffles move to accommodate the extra pressure until the gasses cooled. But then I realized how dirty these things can get, especially with how often I use them. I try not to shoot anything without a silencer now.

I have thought about using VSRs but they would require some spacers. I prefer to make my baffles with their own skirt.

At one point I also considered using lightweight valve springs as spacers and allowed the baffles to float and move. My thinking was that it would let baffles move to accommodate the extra pressure until the gasses cooled. But then I realized how dirty these things can get, especially with how often I use them. I try not to shoot anything without a silencer now.

I would prefer that as well, but not everyone has access to a lathe. :cry:

I'm with you, just about everything I shoot has a suppressor on the end.  I've found shooting a rifle without one now is very annoying.

I plan on keeping my at the original OD because it will see some time on my shorty AKs.

VSR?

Still thick enough after turning down for centerfire rifle(albeit quite small), wall thickness at .06 even after turning down.
VSR=valve spring retainer
Like so:
aa5609a90772b27eac73f76d772b4584.jpg
e5b74aa1cb8d86b9c8b29f3809fe5883.jpg Edited by Jct1911

What engine? That's a great idea!

These are for full blown top fuel drag cars. They are grade 17 Titanium. Model is Pac Racing R522. These are from my .30 cal form1, OD 1.48. Can is somewhat large, 8.5" by 1.625"OD. But it weighs about the same as a commercial can at 18oz. With 300blk loaded for a single shot, it is Hollywood quiet.