New Sig P229 SAS Gen II .40

tnfan

Purchased a new Sig P229 SAS Gen II .40 cal. DA/SA SRT this week. Made my first trip to the range with it today. Ran about 80 rounds of WWB through it without any issues. Very accurate. Really like the trigger action of the SRT. Also, the recoil was a lot less than I expected. I just need to get the magazine release switched since I am a lefty shooter and all will be good. Can't wait to get back out to the range! :)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 229 .40. It is the rev two tone finish...love it! VERY accurate and reliable...eats everything I feed it! Later on if you are interested...consider a bar-sto 9mm conversion barrel...definately money well spent. Enjoy! Sig has an EXCELLENT rep...and they back it up!

Nice pick up... I have a 220 elite and a 229 elite... The SRT triggers are the way to go... I have been looking for a 239 SAS, but haven't been able to find one locally... Where did you pick yours up??? I may end up having to drive a ways and pick up a 239 a friend of mine has and install the SRT trigger later on... :D

Bought it at Speciality Arms in LaVergne, TN. They are located just SE of Nashville between Nashville and Murfreesboro. I believe they had a 239 but not positive. There are several Sig dealers in the Nashville area. Good luck on finding one.

Bought it at Speciality Arms in LaVergne, TN. They are located just SE of Nashville between Nashville and Murfreesboro. I believe they had a 239 but not positive. There are several Sig dealers in the Nashville area. Good luck on finding one.

I bought my AK there, good people.

I just need to get the magazine release switched since I am a lefty shooter and all will be good.

How big are your hands? If they are smallish, you may be better off hitting the mag release with your trigger finger. The 229 is not exactly slim. I'm a lefty, and always thought I'd like a switched mag release, but hated it the first time I tried it.

Congrats on a fine weapon.

I finally settled on a Sig as well. A P220 Combat SAO. I've always hated the DA trigger pull on a Sig, until I got to shoot a SAO a buddy of mine was carrying. Now I want one of the Elites in 40 with the SAO trigger

I finally settled on a Sig as well. A P220 Combat SAO. I've always hated the DA trigger pull on a Sig, until I got to shoot a SAO a buddy of mine was carrying. Now I want one of the Elites in 40 with the SAO trigger

How do you like that SAO?

I've got an opportunity to buy a P220 SAO, and I really like the trigger when I dry fire it in the store. I just don't know if I can justify spending that much on a gun that only holds 9+1 rounds, and whose mags run $30+ per.

All of my other .45s are Springfield XDs--I was trying to standardize, so they'd all have common magazines, and I could cannibalize any gun that broke for parts. Good guns, but...I'd really like to have one with a great trigger and a nice finish. For "formal occasions."

How do you like that SAO?

I've got an opportunity to buy a P220 SAO, and I really like the trigger when I dry fire it in the store. I just don't know if I can justify spending that much on a gun that only holds 9+1 rounds, and whose mags run $30+ per.

All of my other .45s are Springfield XDs--I was trying to standardize, so they'd all have common magazines, and I could cannibalize any gun that broke for parts. Good guns, but...I'd really like to have one with a great trigger and a nice finish. For "formal occasions."

Its got a little take up, but when you press the trigger, it breaks smooth and clean, right about 3.5 lbs. Like I said, I always wanted a Sig, but I hated the DA trigger. When I came across the SAO, I got me a Sig. I've tried the SRT trigger and its better than the original, but not what it could be. If you decide that you want one, get the SAO trigger. Oh and BTW its a 8 + 1. I may decide to sell mine to get a Elite SAO in 40, I have 5 mags with mine.