New Member: Greetings from Franklin County

Thought I would take a few minutes to introduce myself.

My name is Joe, and I run a shop called Hero-Gear in Winchester.

I have 18+ years of military service, all of it spent in Infantry and U.S. Army Special Forces units. (except for 2 years of hell when I was an instructor in the ROTC dept. at MTSU)

I ran the Franklin Country Sheriff Reserves unit for several years, so I have insight into the Thin Blue Line as well

My other employees/partners are made up of former Special Forces/Delta Force members, LE officers (both current and former), and former contract security/aka "gun for hire" guys.

In other words, we sell and service the stuff we know about :)

We are a full line public safety store, and offer everything a firefighter, LE, Military, or EMS worker needs to go on duty.

We carry most major gun brands. We carry lots of the stuff we like, and a little of the stuff we dont :)

We are big 1911 guys, and stock around 2 dozen at all times.

We build/stock ARs that range from mild to wild, and can assist you in all things AR related.

We are a Class III dealer, and would be happy to help you with any of your NFA questions or purchases.

We are the areas largest 5.11 Tactical dealer, and offer the best prices available!

Feel free to look us up if you are ever in the area :)

Joe

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RN MEDIC

Hey Joe, welcome aboard. Hope you'll enjoy your stay. Sounds like a nice place you have up there. I'll be sure to stop by when I'm in your part of the state.

Respectfully, RN

Guest Phantom6

Welcome aboard the boards Joe

I was invited down to a memorial day party down in your neck of the woods. Charlie Gearheart and friends known collectively as Goose Creek Symphony are playing on a friend's farm down around Fayetteville and I would stop in and see ya but alas I have a pistol class to teach on Saturday which is part of our Armed and Beautiful series for women only. The wife normally teaches that one but her mother has some health issues and they will be traveling that weekend so it is left up to me. It's a tough job but somebody's got to do it :)

Rest assured however that the next time I'm in the area I'll drop in as I'm a big fan of cool equipment that runs fast and hot. :)

It's about time you showed up here Joe.

OK everybody, this is my local dealer and friend. He'll treat you right, trust me, I'm in there all the time.

Welcome to the board from your local flunkie, AKA Donnie.

Welcome! I need to take a road trip to your store! Looking into my first AR, and could use some guidance from a pro.

You'll find a wide variety of folks here, including some with backgrounds similar to yours, pure civilians and everything in between. A diverse bunch, but we all come together when it comes to guns & gear!

-Len

Welcome! We'd love to sell you a banner ad on the site to help keep things afloat. Plus you'd get some pretty focused advertising. :)

Shoot me an email, and lets talk.

I dont spend much (read; any) money on advertising, since we try to earn new customers via word of mouth, but perhaps we can work something out :)

Welcome Joe! Always a pleasure doing business with you!

Thanks man.

Any word on your inbound?

Thanks man.

Any word on your inbound?

Last correspondence I had from Atlantic, they still hadn't recieved their shipment... They offered to send me the version with the folding stock and wood furniture, but that's not what I wanted. I'm not going to settle for less than I ordered, I know that I would always regret that.

I might be ready to buy something else by the time this one actually arrives... I've been telling my wife that I want a Marlin 1894C .357 for my birthday, which is in a month.

I told her where to find you. :)

Last correspondence I had from Atlantic, they still hadn't recieved their shipment... They offered to send me the version with the folding stock and wood furniture, but that's not what I wanted. I'm not going to settle for less than I ordered, I know that I would always regret that.

I might be ready to buy something else by the time this one actually arrives... I've been telling my wife that I want a Marlin 1894C .357 for my birthday, which is in a month.

I told her where to find you. :)

Dont want to ruin the birthday surprise...but I just talk to a nice lady claiming to be your better half. :)

Dont want to ruin the birthday surprise...but I just talk to a nice lady claiming to be your better half. :P

:) Must... Resist... Urge... To... Kiss... Monitor.......! :)

Now I've got to pretend that I didn't hear that... :)