10mm Glock

gomer pyle

Suppressing a supersonic pistol cartridge doesn't seem to make much sense. If you're going to suppress a pistol .45 would seem like the obvious choice. Not practical to carry a pistol with a suppressor attached anyway, though target practice and plain old fun are good enough reasons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It actually makes a lot of sense.  Do you have any experience with suppressors to base your opinion?  The muzzle blast of 10mm is intense, as well as any centerfire pistol of any caliber.  Not that I need to justify it, but hunting with suppressors is great.  Obviously you aren't going to wear ear pro the whole time because you need to hear game coming in.  You likely won't have time to throw muffs on before taking a shot, so suppressors do the work for you.  I like being able to take a shot without my ears ringing for half a day. 

Edited by samson7x

I don't plan to suppress a 10mm BUT I didn't plan to get the other two suppressors that I do have, so it is something in the back of my mind on any new purchase. A RMR is a good possibility, this is the main reason I'm thinking about the 40.

I want an RMR on mine, so I'll either be sending it for the slide cut or buying a dovetail mount.  I started a thread about getting your slide machined a little while ago, so if you are interested take a look. 

I want an RMR on mine, so I'll either be sending it for the slide cut or buying a dovetail mount.  I started a thread about getting your slide machined a little while ago, so if you are interested take a look.

I have followed it. I do want the slide milled instead of a dovetail mount. It adds time and money to send the slide and have it done vs buying it ready to go. If it were not for this I don't think I would have as hard of a time deciding.

I have followed it. I do want the slide milled instead of a dovetail mount. It adds time and money to send the slide and have it done vs buying it ready to go. If it were not for this I don't think I would have as hard of a time deciding.

Yep, I totally understand.  I just really don't want the extra length and weight.  Plus I just won a gen 3 SF on gunbroker for $430 so I can stomach paying $145 for the slide milling a little easier.

It actually makes a lot of sense.  Do you have any experience with suppressors to base your opinion?  The muzzle blast of 10mm is intense, as well as any centerfire pistol of any caliber.  Not that I need to justify it, but hunting with suppressors is great.  Obviously you aren't going to wear ear pro the whole time because you need to hear game coming in.  You likely won't have time to throw muffs on before taking a shot, so suppressors do the work for you.  I like being able to take a shot without my ears ringing for half a day. 

Very limited experience to be honest. I've done all my deer hunting with a 16" .223 and haven't had issues with ears ringing. I've got a 9" 300BLK SBR that I plan on suppressing and using for hunting, but I won't have to draw that from a holster. I usually carry a pistol hunting but don't really intend on using it for that purpose.

Well, I picked up a gen2 20 today. After handling/shooting the gen 2, I couldn't pass it up. It feels so much better in my hands than a gen 3 or 4. Is there anything I should check or do to my 20?

Some will say a heavier recoil spring. I personally wouldnt mind a SS guide rod. And whatever trigger or sights youd like

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Maintenance items was where I intended for my question to go.  It has factory night sights and I don't plan to do anything with the trigger, so I'm good there. I do not reload and don't plan to shoot "hot" loads, do I still need to look at case support on this gen 2 barrel? and if so, what/how do I check it?