CZ 52

Guest tlondon

Guest tlondon

I had to find out what all the fuss was about these Ugly old guns so I bought one and about 200 suplus rounds from SOG. I took it to the range and found out what the fuss is. THIS THING IS SOOOO MUCH FUN TO SHOOT!!!! and pretty darn accurate. At the 7 yard line I fired 4 mags (32 rounds) and ALL where within the 7,8,9, & 10 rings. I was working the rifle range so I thought what the heck lets see what its got. I shot 2 mags (16 rounds) at the 50 yd line and 10 rounds was on paper!! I thought that was pretty good. Now this is such a cheap gun I think I will try and figure a way to "trick" it out. :D

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Provence
I had to find out what all the fuss was about these Ugly old guns so I bought one and about 200 suplus rounds from SOG. I took it to the range and found out what the fuss is. THIS THING IS SOOOO MUCH FUN TO SHOOT!!!! and pretty darn accurate. At the 7 yard line I fired 4 mags (32 rounds) and ALL where within the 7,8,9, & 10 rings. I was working the rifle range so I thought what the heck lets see what its got. I shot 2 mags (16 rounds) at the 50 yd line and 10 rounds was on paper!! I thought that was pretty good. Now this is such a cheap gun I think I will try and figure a way to "trick" it out. :)

Is there much muzzle flash with your CZ-52? The reason I ask is I have a Tokarev TT-33 which also uses 7.62X25. The muzzle flash is startling!

My next C&R purchase may be a CZ-52.

I had to find out what all the fuss was about these Ugly old guns so I bought one and about 200 suplus rounds from SOG. I took it to the range and found out what the fuss is. THIS THING IS SOOOO MUCH FUN TO SHOOT!!!! and pretty darn accurate. At the 7 yard line I fired 4 mags (32 rounds) and ALL where within the 7,8,9, & 10 rings. I was working the rifle range so I thought what the heck lets see what its got. I shot 2 mags (16 rounds) at the 50 yd line and 10 rounds was on paper!! I thought that was pretty good. Now this is such a cheap gun I think I will try and figure a way to "trick" it out. :hyper:

Tommy,

Your dadgum posts are pretty darn funny. Dagnabbit if I don't love reading your stuff, by golly. It sounds like you had a heck of a rootin' tootin' good time shooting that new gun, gosh darnit !

Heck, I just wanted to say what a doggone pleasure it is to read your work. It bugs the dickens out of me when you haven't posted anything new to read, by cracky !

Love ya Tommy - watch your mouth :)

Guest mikedwood

I got one this summer because of all the awesome things I had read about them. I love it. It's really my favorite pistol. I love the way the people shooting the .44's and .45's come over and ask what the heck you are shooting and the massive mussel flash.

From what I hear one real important thing on them is to not dry fire them. And the firing pins breaks a lot apparently.

They are also suppose to be accurate beyond belief for a pistol if you get a good one. There is a lot of powder behind that little bullet making it do things most pistols can't even dream of.

All in all you have yourself a true hand cannon.

...I love the way the people shooting the .44's and .45's come over and ask what the heck you are shooting and the massive mussel flash....

Them mussels are a tad pricey to be shooting at, seems to me. :tinfoil:

Here's snippet from what Wiki says about that cartridge:

"The cartridge has an average muzzle velocity of around 400 metres per second (1,300 ft/s), and has about 600 joules (440 ft·lbf) of energy. The unusually loud report and bright muzzle flash produced when this cartridge is fired from pistols can surprise onlookers."

Sounds like an understatement.

What's the deal with this? Really designed to be fired out of longer barrel mostly, or what?

SUNTZU, I saw the one you scored at the Expo, now I intrigued - guess I just gotta shoot one! Next meet eh? I'll pay for the ammo.

- OS

CZ52's are great!

I've had 3 of them. All were excellent shooters.

Interesting hearsay/facts about these: Supposedly when the Czechs ran them through the arsenal rebuild process they tested them for accuracy and marked them accordingly. If you look closely at the sight rib on top of the slide just about in the middle you'll see one, two or three small punch marks. Word is that a single punch was the most accurate with three punch marks being least accurate.

I always made sure the ones I bought had a single punch and they all shot great so I don't know if there is anything to that or not.

Also, if you're into tinkering with your firearms you can disassemble the slide and replace the spring under the firing pin block and drastically improve the trigger feel. That spring is waaay more powerful than it needs to be.

Lastly, disassemble the magazines and grind about an 1/8th inch off the bottom of the rear tab of the follower. This will allow the follower to go further down and the mags will hold nine rounds instead of eight. I modded 8 or 10 mags this way and never had a malfunction.

Enjoy!

CZ52's are great!

I've had 3 of them. All were excellent shooters.

Interesting hearsay/facts about these: Supposedly when the Czechs ran them through the arsenal rebuild process they tested them for accuracy and marked them accordingly. If you look closely at the sight rib on top of the slide just about in the middle you'll see one, two or three small punch marks. Word is that a single punch was the most accurate with three punch marks being least accurate.

I always made sure the ones I bought had a single punch and they all shot great so I don't know if there is anything to that or not.

Also, if you're into tinkering with your firearms you can disassemble the slide and replace the spring under the firing pin block and drastically improve the trigger feel. That spring is waaay more powerful than it needs to be.

Lastly, disassemble the magazines and grind about an 1/8th inch off the bottom of the rear tab of the follower. This will allow the follower to go further down and the mags will hold nine rounds instead of eight. I modded 8 or 10 mags this way and never had a malfunction.

Enjoy!

Great....now I gotta go tinker with my CZ52 and look for punch marks :P

I looked at mine and found one punch mark at the rear site.

One is good but I've never seen one back near the rear sight. They were always between the ejection port and the front sight.

It's not where the rear sight is staked in place is it?

Well I'm no expert but... I was lead to believe that the punch marks were for hardness tests when they were sent to be refinished. If they had more than one punch mark, they might have been refinished more than once. But who knows, I've heard various rumors also. But what I do know is that I own one and also love the heck out of it. Great guns!