Will the Bushmaster ACR ever make it...

Guest TennFarmer

Guest TennFarmer

to the public? I have been after one since I saw it on the boob tube. I even called Bushmaster about 3 months ago. I sure would like to have one..I hope the early ones don't have bugs in them. The last thing I heard was 1st qtr 2009..now if Obummer don't have time to screw that up.

Here is the Magpul video

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh. Looks like i may as well spend my saved money elsewhere then.

Well, it looks a little HKish, why not treat it like an HK? As in the "NIEN! Because we hate you!" sense...

In all seriousness though, I have been REALLY looking forward to this thing... I've got a nice little ACR fund too. Hope I don't have to blow it on something else.

On a side note, does anyone know if Magpul retained any stake in the QC of the product?

Well, it looks a little HKish, why not treat it like an HK? As in the "NIEN! Because we hate you!" sense...

In all seriousness though, I have been REALLY looking forward to this thing... I've got a nice little ACR fund too. Hope I don't have to blow it on something else.

On a side note, does anyone know if Magpul retained any stake in the QC of the product?

I'm sure QC is fine Poak. I've never had any beef with bushmaster. Everything of theirs i've ever worked with was awesome...

Well.. except for those stingy .22 conversion uppers.

I hate just hate those.

On a side note... I love HK. :D

They wont be winning any US Army trials with that price tag.

Haha, +1!

Yeah, I cant find anything suggesting the price will be quite that steep. Granted, my past 5 minutes of googling haven't produced anything from the manufacturer's mouth. What I have seen is a lot of people saying they've heard 1300-1500 as a base price, so as to try to match/undercut the price points of the Sig 556 and the Robinson XCR.

Personally, I don't think Magpul would have sought out Bushmaster if they we're going to produce a rifle in the $2100+ range. That's not me saying Bushmaster makes cheap crap, that's me saying Bushmaster has the experience and tooling to mass produce a quality rifle on a large scale for a minimum price tag.

Guest TennFarmer

Back in early summer, a Coal Creek guy told me that he thought it would be around $1400 but I'm assuming that was a guess? The guys at Benton Shooters had not heard about it, then they acted a little PO'd when I check again a couple of months later (kinda marked them off the list then).

http://www.magpul.com/tech/masada.html

Click on the masada press release (254kb) and it states that the gun will cost $1,400.

If I remember right they were saying that it would be closer to $ 1,500 - $1,600 before they announced that they were delaying the release but I can't give you a site for that so take it for what it is worth.

I would guess that if Magpul had targeted a $1,400 price point before they licensed it to Bushmaster, Bushmaster's manufacturing capability would only bring that price point down.

No reason for dealers to jump in with anything....there's no real news to share.

I speak with a key person from Magpul on a weekly basis, and even HE admits that the delay in the Masada's release is downright comical.

REAL news will be posted when it becomes available.

Guest TennFarmer
No reason for dealers to jump in with anything....there's no real news to share.

I speak with a key person from Magpul on a weekly basis, and even HE admits that the delay in the Masada's release is downright comical.

REAL news will be posted when it becomes available.

Thanks for the input, and really...to me...that is news. I had absolutely no idea where the status of the gun was. Now I know I'm not the only one. lol

I talked to you guys the other day about a suppressor for my P22, I'm up near Knoxville.

Thanks

JJ