springfield xd's lifetime warranty...any experience?

Guest abailey362

Guest abailey362

Found a HS-2000 (original name for the XD) for sale with a missing extractor for cheap and wondering if anyone has had experience with springfield's lifetime warranty if they are not the original owner. You can not find parts anywhere, so if they won't fix it, it would be a pointless purchase. otherwise I'd be happy to send it off and have a nice gun on the cheap.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No firsthand experience, but there are many posts on xdtalk with folks praising Springfield for fixing a XD under warranty, when the person was not the original owner, even though XD warranty does specify warranty to "original retail purchaser".

However, does Springfield even have anything at all to do with the HS? Did they import/sell them before they rebranded as XD?

At any rate, if no one can give you experience here, a post over there ought to be enlightening. Or even just call Springfield, folks seem to rave about their customer service in general, and apparently you get through to a real humanoid okay on the phone.

- OS

Guest rockytop

The HS guns were not imported by Springfield. They were imported by some company in Knoxville, Tn. I would be surprised if they warranted a gun that wasn't their product.

Guest abailey362

i don't see the extractor on there, just the ejector and the ejector pin. i think that is one of the parts that they sa is not available...but not sure. Anyone know what part # it might be?

n/m...looks like it is #36...not listed for sale.

Ya know, there's a sticky section on xdtalk,and in the FAQ's I found:

"Is the HS2000 still available in the US or around the world?

No new HS2000 pistols are allowed into North Amrica unless SA does it, since they have the importation rights."

"I am in the US and have an HS2000 that has something broke what can I do?

Springfield Armory will warrent the pistol under their guarantee, but you will have to pay to ship the pistol both ways."

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/latest-hs2000-sa-xd-faq-stickies/671-xd-hs2000-faq-s.html

So, a call to Springfield might still bear fruit.

Also, FAQ says HS2000 and XD are "identical", so wouldn't an extractor for the original XD service fit HS2000?

- OS

IIRC the they are the same internally. The finish is not the same, they used something different on those and rust can be an issue.

DISCLAIMER: It has been over 2 years since I researched these so please double check that.

IIRC the they are the same internally. The finish is not the same, they used something different on those and rust can be an issue.

DISCLAIMER: It has been over 2 years since I researched these so please double check that.

Finish on original XDs was not the melonite they use now, either, and yes, many original XDs had rust probs...there's a whole "rust" topic forum on xdtalk.

- OS

Guest abailey362

yeah...this piece wasn't rusted and was in decent shape, excluding the missing piece.

i've never had any issues with the melonite finishes...but lots say they have issues witht he old if not maintained properly.

I am on xdtalk as well, but there is so much info the search function is pretty useless and I couldn;t find anything specific to non-original owner warranty info.

on a side note, a lot of the info that is not to SA's likeing has been removed and it's hard to find "work arounds" anymore since SA says they might be dangerous...aka lawyer talk.

n/m...looks like it is #36...not listed for sale.

Ah,whoops.That must have been what I saw.Id still call them though.They told me once that they did have parts not listed online,so you might get lucky :P although that was before they started selling OM parts

yeah...this piece wasn't rusted and was in decent shape, excluding the missing piece.

i've never had any issues with the melonite finishes...but lots say they have issues witht he old if not maintained properly.

I am on xdtalk as well, but there is so much info the search function is pretty useless and I couldn;t find anything specific to non-original owner warranty info.

on a side note, a lot of the info that is not to SA's likeing has been removed and it's hard to find "work arounds" anymore since SA says they might be dangerous...aka lawyer talk.

Know what you mean about xdtalk it has gotten huge, I was on it a lot and I don't go over that much, and then it is only to look up something specific, or see how things are going with product quality/issues...

My melonite has not had any problems as well, but that's one of the things that came up alot with the HS's and the early XD's.

Sounds like a call is in order. Hopefully it will work and you would be good to go.