RK Gun Shows In Smyrna

Guest Legally Armed

Guest bluecanary25

I saw the same lowcut blouse. Nice earmuffs there!! :D

Almost forgot my change........

Lots of people. Couple of dealers actually had good deals. :D

Unfortunately, I did not bring home any neglected guns.:eek:

Guess I'll save my money for next month's show in Williamson Co.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eyebedam

I was wondering if anyone out there had extra mags for a LCP 4 sale. So is it a sucky show for 10 or what. The commercial says its the biggest show ever in the ville.

$10 each was a bit steep... but my wife found a holster she wanted. It certainly seemed more full than any other time I've been, but I noticed that fewer of the vendors had guns. The majority was jerky, jewelry, airsoft and knives.

Guest rockytop

I thought the $10.00 entry price was a 'ripoff.

I picked up a S&W 686 w/ 4" barrel and a Sig Arms P245 from show attendees.

I also saw the guy from Kentucky and wondered what he expected to sell.

I thought it was a pretty big show. I've attended a lot of shows including Memphis, Nashville, Franklin, and Birmingham Al. The only one comparable in size was Birmingham.

I went to the show. +2 on $10 is steep. (me and the wife) I found an extra magazine for my Kahr CW45 and we bought some ammo to take to the meetneatnshoot. It was about the same as Walmart for my .45 autos.($15/50) The 38's were reasonable. ($12/100) I got some info on the bayonettes I inherited from my Grandpaw from the bayonette guy. I'm gonna go back tommorrow to see if I missed anything since I was in a rush this morning. I've already paid the admission. I just gotta keep the stamp from washing off my hand in the shower.

Guest Todd@CIS
Dustin told me I just missed you. said you stopped in for a minute then had to go back on patrol.

No, I meant about meeting Dustin...he only gets let out of the basement occasionally. :D

I find it very difficult to drag myself to gun shows anymore, unless I really need something I'm not able to find locally or on-line. With the invention of the internet, that's become more and more rare.

The $8-$10 entrance fee isn't quite an issue for me, but the lack of "deals" are few and far between. I almost never find prices that I can't find/beat in a local shop.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a place to simply mingle with other gun enthusiasts, you can't hardly beat a gun show.

Guest Jason F.

I did not see any great deals but I made a few decent deals with vendors. Picked up a few reloading supplies and talked everyone down a few dollars on all the items I wanted.

Decent size show but as always too many cheap nylon tacticool items, surplus camo crap, and cheap knives.

Guest Jason F.

It does not surprise me really. Most of the vendors seem to have their minds anywhere but on their table. If I were a criminal I could have walked out of there with any number of items today. I stood with a set of dies in my hand and followed a guy around his table for several minutes while he pretty much completely ignored me. I sat it down and went to another table where the fellow had a moment to actually talk to me since I was planning on spending some money. I also walked by more than one table where I could find no one present at all.

I am not much for the big brother mentality but the promoters should really require and enforce some more rules on table sizes, staff working them, and maybe security cables or something.

Guest Boomhower
By the way which one of you criminals walked off with that FAL today?

No way?? Wow, that's gotta suck. Must have been a lib that didn't want anyone knowing they had bought a gun. :D