EAST Tenn. TGO members interested in a ______ get together?

Guest LiLBucket

Guest Phantom6

21st is fine with me. I got a place to shoot that you don't have to jump through hoops to shoot at. No waiting. I'm in the process of developing a range for a guy here just outside of Oak Ridge. He wants $10 a head to shoot but that's for all day and has Porta-John facilities back on the range. Shoot paper or steel. 6 pistol/rifle/shotgun firing points which I may be able to have covered by then. I'm laying in the road this upcoming week.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21st is fine with me. I got a place to shoot that you don't have to jump through hoops to shoot at. No waiting. I'm in the process of developing a range for a guy here just outside of Oak Ridge. He wants $10 a head to shoot but that's for all day and has Porta-John facilities back on the range. Shoot paper or steel. 6 pistol/rifle/shotgun firing points which I may be able to have covered by then. I'm laying in the road this upcoming week.

Oak Ridge is a two hour drive for those of us in Tri-Cities, even the way I drive and with my unfortunate knowledge of where the cops like to run radar between here and there... Ah the joys of road trips your first year of college to Knoxville and Chattanooga because you didn't want to drink at home... Memories... Oh fun.

Oak Ridge is a two hour drive for those of us in Tri-Cities, even the way I drive and with my unfortunate knowledge of where the cops like to run radar between here and there... Ah the joys of road trips your first year of college to Knoxville and Chattanooga because you didn't want to drink at home... Memories... Oh fun.

Yeah, but Oak Ridge has Big Ed's Pizza, the beat pizza in the country!. To hell with shooting! Let's go for pizza....

It could be done I suppose... I've gone further to shoot before. A cousin broke his arm one time and convinced me to come fill in for him once at a high-power competition in Texas that required flying with a firearm three months after 9/11... that's was fun too. So was lugging an 11.5 pound customized .308 around the desert in January...

Guest Boomhower
Yeah, but Oak Ridge has Big Ed's Pizza, the beat pizza in the country!. To hell with shooting! Let's go for pizza....

I've been to Big Ed's, but wasn't really impressed. Good atmosphere, and nice ppl though. Lots of cool artifacts hanging on the walls pertaining to the Oak Ridge community.

I'm telling you folks... if you do this at Big Ed's I might just have to drive 3hrs to join you. YUM!!!

Three hours is barely getting warmed up I tell you... And if a pizza is worth three hours of driving on construction central I-40... that might be worth looking into.

• Administrator
Three hours is barely getting warmed up I tell you... And if a pizza is worth three hours of driving on construction central I-40... that might be worth looking into.

I had Big Ed's about 20 years ago with my grandfather. He used to travel to Oak Ridge frequently for work (nuclear plant security) and I got to go with him once. Of all the things I remember best about the place, Big Ed's is one of them. We ate in the restaurant then we ordered another one to go for later at the hotel. :surrender:

I'm serious. I'd drive over there for it. For sentimental reasons if nothing else. :devil:

I'll stay in Johnson City and have Bucks. :surrender:

oh man, bucks! best italian sub out. used to order those all the time. tuesday nights $2 any beer! gotta love it. i was just talking with one of my buddies from school about if you had $20 for a night out in college, you were rich! amigos for half order of nahcos ($3) 2- 32oz. ($4) and off to the planet for all you could drink for $2! then you had $11 left for waffle house at 3am. ahh college, good times

Guest LiLBucket
oh man, bucks! best italian sub out. used to order those all the time. tuesday nights $2 any beer! gotta love it. i was just talking with one of my buddies from school about if you had $20 for a night out in college, you were rich! amigos for half order of nahcos ($3) 2- 32oz. ($4) and off to the planet for all you could drink for $2! then you had $11 left for waffle house at 3am. ahh college, good times

Couldn't have said it better!! Not that the P was top choice by any means but $2 was tough to beat!!!!

This pizza in Oak Ridge has gotta be frickin good!!!! That's a long drive! I'd be willing to make it though if that's what's determined to be best.

I think we need to try to finalize this within the next two so that personal plans can be worked out.

Tower-Hope you can make it!

Let's keep this going!! I'm getting more excited!!

Guest Boomhower

I'm fine with Oak Ridge. Still around 45 min. for me but that's not as far away as some of you other guys so I agree with the others that are driving a longer distance. However, IIRC there has been no other places mentioned. I'd say plan this one for the 21st of April in Oak Ridge, maybe do it there for a month or two, but let's everyone keep an open mind about moving around a little. Seeing different places. If others find a farm or shooting range in other locations across E. TN, post them up here and we'll all enjoy the country side as we travel along. There's a lot different ppl posting in here, so I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to find ppl close to all of us that we could car pool with. No since in getting to a place and have 50 different cars there.

Great idea boom!

well, IF I can make it (and I'm hoping I can). I'll have 2 seats in the back of the cherokee and plenty of room for firearms in the back (if someone wants to split gas, that would be a bonus!!)Julie and I will more than likely bring the Imbel fal, a mauser 8mm, possibly an m1a (depending on the room) and 2 pistols and ammo for all.

The Dirty P finally got shut down due to underage consumption violations. Apparently, it'll be opening again under new ownership and a new name... But it was shut down last Fall.

underage consumption at the dirty P?? no way, never! only took 8 years for the cops to catch on to that one!

on a different note, id love to get up with you guys at some point, unfortunately i can't the weekend of the 21st. i'll be in knoxville the 12-15 though, taking my buddy to shoot his new (tungsten's old) xdsc9. he's looking into some ranges and im going to get him on here as well. he lives off of N. peters, so if anybody has any local recommendations, let me know!

Have to be honest guys. I can't see many folks driving from the Tri-Cities to Oak Ridge to shoot. It would be great for a Knoxville shoot though.

I still wonder if we can't find someone with some property in the sticks. I have a neighbor who used to let people shoot on his farm but they kept doing stuff like shooting up his silo. Plus it matters where his livestock is.

I lived in Raleigh for a few years after college. I'd carry a roll of half dollars with me because 50 cents was how much a beer cost at a tavern back then. If you got caught drinking and driving, the cops would probably just tell you to drive straight home and not stop at another bar. You could smoke with your beer (although I'd stopped smoking by then).

Dear me...I'm getting nostalgic for the olden days. :D

Guest salb3039

I think we need an "Even more East-TN than Oak Ridge" thread now. I'll likely not drive any further than Kingsport, Greeneville, Bristol, etc..