EAST Tenn. TGO members interested in a ______ get together?

Guest LiLBucket

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LiLBucket

Ha ha, "Even more East Tn than Oak Ridge thread"!!

I agree, it would be MUCH more convenient to stay around the Tri-cities personally.

I think we need a roll call of sorts. I'll try to put together a list if everyone wants to chime in where is best for them, Oak Ridge or Tri-cities. Maybe we'll have two groups that'll be meeting at both locations on the same day! Eventually we could have a statewide monthly TGO shoot-off!! Winner buys lunch!! haha!

Post up your location preference! Even if you're new to the site, don't be shy!!

well im partial to my back yard here in chattanooga! i've got three spare bedrooms and two couches. come on down! really i don't mind driving anywhere, i've got friends all over the state and could use the shoots and excuse to go see them and meet some new ones. plus i've got to drive to knoxville, harrisonburg va, and DC this summer for weddings, so if that happens to coincide with a shoot then i'll take an extra day and hang out.

Guest Phantom6

I've driven to both Kingsport and Chattanooga for one day events before and without a doubt I'll do it again but if y'all decide to come to Oak Ridge, I'm thinkin' about lunch at 1100 then on to the range. Shoot all afternoon and then get up to Big Ed's for a "special" and beer. Everyone is home by 2200.

BTW over the last 35 years I have personally seen Big Ed's T-shirts on members of the local population in such diverse places as Zagreb, Croatia; Bogota, Columbia; Esmeraldes, Ecuador; Dodger Stadium in LA; Churchill Downs in Louisville, KY and in Ripley, WV (Believe It or Not!).

BTW over the last 35 years I have personally seen Big Ed's T-shirts on members of the local population in such diverse places as Zagreb, Croatia; Bogota, Columbia; Esmeraldes, Ecuador; Dodger Stadium in LA; Churchill Downs in Louisville, KY and in Ripley, WV (Believe It or Not!).

it doesn't count if it was you wearing the shirt!? :D

Strangest place I saw one was in Shanghai along the Bund. I've also seen them in Colombia and Panama.

Guest Phantom6

jgrauman wrote:

it doesn't count if it was you wearing the shirt!? :D

True but I can't recall ever owning a Big Ed's T-shirt.

Back to the vote, GhostDog presents a good alternative. I wouldn't mind making this a movable feast or shoot rather myself by alternating on a monthly basis between upper and lower E.TN.

Guest LiLBucket

I agree with Ghost and Phantom. Personally, either is fine. My parents live in west Knoxville so I could make a weekend out of it.

Let's keep discussing this and getting some input. Maybe we should set a deadline to decide. Say by the 11th we have it decided so that we all have a week and a half to plan accordingly.

We may be able to still have two groups that same weekend if some would rather not travel. We can decide that as well.

Let's keep this topic hot!!

Main problem we have here in the Tri-Cities is no good place to shoot - yet.

But to be honest, while I love all of you to death, I probably wouldn't drive 250 miles round trip to shoot with you. I'd rather just have a nice meal. :D

Guest LiLBucket

That was something else I meant to mention, where to shoot.

It seems like Knoxville (Oak Ridge) has plenty of options. Around here in the tri-cities we'd pretty much have to settle with what we can. NOONE around here has some property?!?!

I personally don't care what or when. Just having some sort of outing to look forward to is nice.

That was something else I meant to mention, where to shoot.

I. NOONE around here has some property?!?!

Hmmm...well..the property I shoot on is my brothers...I don't know if he'd go for a BUNCH of people. and the areas' pretty wooded...but I can always ask and find out!

I'm hoping to be home next week (I asked my boss and he said it should be ok) so I'll find out then...if I'm NOT there, then you might have to coordinate with my sister in law...if its a go.

I'll find out and get back with you guys. Let me get a headcount and make some calls:popcorn:

Guest Rabbit

Well......There IS our farm. Colonial Heights area with a good backing ridge. I just don,t think my upity neighbors would savy.

Guest dotsun

Count me and my fiance in for a meet and shoot, er meet and greet. :D Oak Ridge is awesome for us, but we could probably make a tri cities trip if necessary.

I'm lucky Rabbit, my brother lives down netherland inn road, over near the sensabaugh tunnel...I passed a fella one day out there with an ar, putting it through a nice live fire test...but my brother lives back in a holler where there's just about no one around...so the shooting doesn't bother anyone.

Tower, please do check with your brother. I don't see that it matter much which town we go to in the Tri-Cities. Tell him we'll buy him a box of cheap ammo, :D

I still think we need two different weekends for Knoxville and the Tri-Cities. That way we could pick a get together close to us or travel a bit and meet some different people. Wouldn't hurt to include Chattanooga too.

Guest LiLBucket

I'm making a list and checking it twice!!

I agree Mars, separate weekends.

Keep chiming in everyone, please please please!!

Guest Boomhower

As I've mentioned previsiouly, I wouldn't mind bouncing around a little either. To bad we can't find a good central point for us all. Maybe we can luck up one day and someone will join that has a farm in a good central location.

As for doing seperate weekends, I'd agree. I probably wouldn't be able to do both in the same month, but I'd definetly want to be able to mix it up a little bit if there is a chance I can make both in the same month.

Either way, I'm in for the 21st of this month. Just someone let me know which end of town the party is going to be.