Question about parts kits

Pete123

I received an email from Sarco regarding a parts kit for a Spanish Cetme Model (C) Rifle Parts Set.  There is a link below.  I don't know anything about these types of kits and bet someone here does.

Is this a good way to get a decent .308 semi auto if you are willing to put it together?

Are there more parts you need to make it operational?  I doesn't come with a magazine, I'm not sure what else is missing.  That one piece doesn't look long enough to be a barrel and they have a note that barrels are back ordered.  

Here's the link, followed by a pic of what you get:

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/spanish-cetme-model-c-rifle-parts-set.aspx?utm_source=Memorial+Day+Weekend+2016&utm_campaign=Memorial+Day+2016&utm_medium=email

cetmekitcut.jpg

Edited by Pete123

I personally like building from parts kits, it's a fun way to get a new gun. Plus you can say "I built this."

You're going to need to source the barrel and receiver for it or at least the flat to bend into the receiver. Outside of that it's converting your fire control to semi auto, pressing the barrel in and heads pacing it, and getting the rest of the needed parts out of the chopped up bits plus welded back on. 

All in all if you want to put in the work for it I'd say go for it, but it's not going to be like putting an AR together. To see how others have done it check out Weaponeer and Weaponsguild, both are great resources. 

• Like 1

at one time someone was selling flats for those and there was a jig with a waiting list going around that you could use to bend it. But that's been a while and a lot of the building game, other than ARs, has really died off.

I hate reading things like this, because now I want to build one.  

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Receiver-Flat-HK-91-G3-PTR-CETME-p2320.htm

c2219e9f3fd037590d69de37b3356889_zpsmeh8

This is the same flat, but has been folded/rolled.  I don't know the proper terminology.  This would have to go through an FFL. 

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-accessories/ptr-nnr-308-receiver-detail.html?Itemid=0

d5eff6328362ea5eb330990495754fce_zpsaxv6

I found several barrels, but none that I was truly excited about.  Does any one have the jig to roll the flat?

Its a bit tougher to build than it looks. Welding the barrel trunion in must be very precise. There are enough century Cetme's floating around in the 5 hundred range that I personally would pass on this particular challenge. The HK 91 was the "cheaper" alternative to the FAL. The price is reflective of that fact. If you have a hankering for a 7.62 battle rifle, save the extra cash for a FAL build. In the long run, you wont regret your efforts with the FAL.  Besides the stock HK 91/94 series have about the suckiest triggers you will ever find on a rifle! 

22 hours ago, I am Groot! said:

I hate reading things like this, because now I want to build one.  

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Receiver-Flat-HK-91-G3-PTR-CETME-p2320.htm

c2219e9f3fd037590d69de37b3356889_zpsmeh8

This is the same flat, but has been folded/rolled.  I don't know the proper terminology.  This would have to go through an FFL. 

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-accessories/ptr-nnr-308-receiver-detail.html?Itemid=0

d5eff6328362ea5eb330990495754fce_zpsaxv6

I found several barrels, but none that I was truly excited about.  Does any one have the jig to roll the flat?

Here in the next couple weeks I'm buying the jig to bend the flats for the HK guns. 

• Like 2

After some other comments that were made, the HK seems to be the way to go.

I am on my phone at the moment and can't see where you are located.  I am in Franklin.  If you are anywhere close, this first timer would enjoy seeing the process.

3 hours ago, I am Groot! said:

After some other comments that were made, the HK seems to be the way to go.

I am on my phone at the moment and can't see where you are located.  I am in Franklin.  If you are anywhere close, this first timer would enjoy seeing the process.

It will be a first for me as well. I'm in Knoxville but if we could get a couple people together a build party could be arranged.