Knoxville Ice Bears game now comes with a Wanding and pocket search

Ronald_55

The Whoops TSA thread reminded me that I wanted to post this. 

Went to a Knoxville Ice Bears Hockey game a few weeks ago. We go a few times every season. I was surprised to see a security line on the outside where you had to empty your pockets and get wanded. This is new this year. I never thought about carrying in my pocket knife in the past. I made a U turn to the car and then went on in. 

Has there been an issue there that I don't know about since i am not in Knoxville?

8 hours ago, Ronald_55 said:

The Whoops TSA thread reminded me that I wanted to post this. 

Went to a Knoxville Ice Bears Hockey game a few weeks ago. We go a few times every season. I was surprised to see a security line on the outside where you had to empty your pockets and get wanded. This is new this year. I never thought about carrying in my pocket knife in the past. I made a U turn to the car and then went on in. 

Has there been an issue there that I don't know about since i am not in Knoxville?

If you go by the AG opinion about parks, the CC is supposed to allow carry as it is a recreational venue. But the government never lets pesky laws get in it's way.

I went to the Nativity show at the Civic Coliseum month ago, was wanded.  Only thing they found was my empty Crossbreed.  Once he saw that, he stopped with the wand and let me go.  They never checked my pocket knives.   

They were wanding at the convention center during Fantasy of Trees.

Guy at door announcing, "any weapons, please return them to your vehicle.

U turn, than thanked by security when I returned. Told dude since you're checking everybody, I'm OK with it.

Not sure if this is new SOP, so be prepared.

On January 19, 2017 at 9:23 AM, Gotthegoods said:

They were wanding at the convention center during Fantasy of Trees.

Guy at door announcing, "any weapons, please return them to your vehicle.

U turn, than thanked by security when I returned. Told dude since you're checking everybody, I'm OK with it.

Not sure if this is new SOP, so be prepared.

In theory everyone is disarmed, but we all know how not secure a place like the convention center is. Too many ways to easily get in. Plus, it's still easy enough to shoot the security at the door and walk in. Honestly, there really is no "secure" place on the planet. But the liberals don't quite understand that...

• Like 2