Will it ever stop?

Over the past few days folks have been asking if they can carry here or carry there and it appears that the answer seems to be no in most cases. If you look at many of the places that have been posted with GUN Buster signs most of them have been or are similar to many places that terrorists have struck at one time or another. Any place were crowds gather such as sporting events like to soccer games in Paris to a bar in Florida. Big or small but all gun free. It is beginning to appear that if anyone wants to take the family to what is advertised for families they must do so at their own risk unprotected. At some point I wonder what it will take for these people that are running these events or operating these businesses are going to realize that they are making themselves and their patrons targets for terrorists.

Don't these people that are in charge of these places realize that bad guys don't live by the same rules that law abiding people do. How many times does a business have to be robbed or attacked with loss of life before they learn that GUN BUSTER signs welcome violence...........jmho 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, MP5_Rizzo said:

Better yet, why don't these people that keep making these redundant threads take a few minutes to search what's already been posted in multiple threads?

Or put it into the proper area for such.  I saw something in the introduction thread that was easily the topic for a specific sub-forum.

• Like 1

They will not ever get it Bersa. They don't have the ability to look at reality with an open mind and see all of the factors that lead to the result. 

Either that or they just want to disarm folks any way they can. Probably a little of both, depending where they are in the food chain. 

29 minutes ago, Ugly said:

They will not ever get it Bersa. They don't have the ability to look at reality with an open mind and see all of the factors that lead to the result. 

Either that or they just want to disarm folks any way they can. Probably a little of both, depending where they are in the food chain. 

I agree with Ugly, Bersa. There is no common sense in these people. They truly believe that if there's a no guns sign up somewhere, that the bad guys are going to obey. It seems the only way that kind of thinking changes is if one of their own has a bad experience first hand. Then they change their tune.

On another note, why do some people try be a moderator or thread police? If you don't like something someone posted or saw something in another thread posted then DON'T OPEN THE THREAD. There's no reason in being an ass. People that have been here a while know that Bersaguy has trouble seeing and has to use a large type. Does everyone here search a topic before you post to see if it's already there? I doubt it.  Geesh.....:doh:

Edited by Randall53
  • Like 8

Thanks Randall53 for covering my bad eyesight. Back when I first came here OS jumped me for yelling because I was using large type but he has not brought it up recently. I have the magnifier on to read most of the posts but can't use it to type. I am hoping to get my cataracs removed in the Fall but right now I am just saving up to be able to get both done. I know a lot of folks that will get 1 done and then wait sometimes a year or more to get the second one done. I'm planning on getting them both done 2 weeks apart and get it behind me. 

• Like 5
13 hours ago, Randall53 said:

On another note, why do some people try be a moderator or thread police? If you don't like something someone posted or saw something in another thread posted then DON'T OPEN THE THREAD. There's no reason in being an ass. People that have been here a while know that Bersaguy has trouble seeing and has to use a large type. Does everyone here search a topic before you post to see if it's already there? I doubt it.  Geesh.....:doh:

I think the community trying to keep a modicum of standards is a good thing.  While TGO is David's baby and property, he's gone out of his way in time and resources to make it a home for us all, and having that home a little less cluttered is a good thing, IMO.  I doubt he took the time to organize and set up all the different forums for naught.

As for Bersa and his type size...no issues for me.  While the search function isn't super user friendly, it is there, and I've often found myself better learned from using it to find something already here and then segueing into other stuff it brings up.  Filled many a boring night by randomly diving into TGO threads from yesteryear.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Thanks Randall53 for covering my bad eyesight. Back when I first came here OS jumped me for yelling because I was using large type but he has not brought it up recently. I have the magnifier on to read most of the posts but can't use it to type. I am hoping to get my cataracs removed in the Fall but right now I am just saving up to be able to get both done. I know a lot of folks that will get 1 done and then wait sometimes a year or more to get the second one done. I'm planning on getting them both done 2 weeks apart and get it behind me. 

My wife had them in both eyes last summer and had to have the surgery. She was going to have to wait about 3 month, but hers got so bad they bumped her up and she only had to wait about a month. She could hardly see to walk. Good luck with yours it's pretty amazing. she sees perfectly now for the first time in over 40 years. Always had to wear glasses or contacts. Not anymore!! 

• Like 2

I think I could have got them done sooner if I trusted them to use a scalpel (Knife) to do my surgery but the thought of a guy regardless of how good cutting on my eye was not something I wanted to think about so I am saving up to get Lasik surgery. Actually I'm saving up the difference between what Medicare will pay and what they charge to do Lasik Surgery.  I had a friend have his done last month and he went under the knife and said it was piece of cake and hardests part for him was the darn drops that needed to be put in his eyes before and after. He had both his done 2 weeks apart and stopped by yesterday and said he wished he had got it done sooner.

If I decide to go with the Knife, Medicare will pay it all and if I should need reading glasses after wards they pay for the first pair but everyone that I know that has had it does not need glasses.

That is one reason why I have not been to the range in last couple months. Last time I went with my new glasses my O.D. doctor made for me I was still good and on target for the 10 yard range but a little off at 15 yards so decided I would not go back till after I had the surgery.

7 hours ago, bersaguy said:

I think I could have got them done sooner if I trusted them to use a scalpel (Knife) to do my surgery but the thought of a guy regardless of how good cutting on my eye was not something I wanted to think about so I am saving up to get Lasik surgery. Actually I'm saving up the difference between what Medicare will pay and what they charge to do Lasik Surgery.  I had a friend have his done last month and he went under the knife and said it was piece of cake and hardests part for him was the darn drops that needed to be put in his eyes before and after. He had both his done 2 weeks apart and stopped by yesterday and said he wished he had got it done sooner.

If I decide to go with the Knife, Medicare will pay it all and if I should need reading glasses after wards they pay for the first pair but everyone that I know that has had it does not need glasses.

That is one reason why I have not been to the range in last couple months. Last time I went with my new glasses my O.D. doctor made for me I was still good and on target for the 10 yard range but a little off at 15 yards so decided I would not go back till after I had the surgery.

I'm not sure what you're having Bersa, but my wife had cataract surgery and they actually put lenses in her eyes. They did them 2 weeks apart. There are 2 types of lenses. One type will correct near sightedness (not being able to see far away) but you may have to wear reading glasses. Another lens will do both, but costs 1500 more per eye. You are correct about the eye drops. You have to do them for about a month after each surgery and they also are expensive. My wifes Dr. gave us a discount card that dropped the price a bunch.  Good luck.

y the way. I need some plastic worms for shakey head jigs. I need some jigs also. I've lost the email you sent me with plastic and jig info. If you are still making them let me know and I'll PM you my email address again.  Thanks Doug

1 hour ago, Randall53 said:

I'm not sure what you're having Bersa, but my wife had cataract surgery and they actually put lenses in her eyes. They did them 2 weeks apart. There are 2 types of lenses. One type will correct near sightedness (not being able to see far away) but you may have to wear reading glasses. Another lens will do both, but costs 1500 more per eye. You are correct about the eye drops. You have to do them for about a month after each surgery and they also are expensive. My wifes Dr. gave us a discount card that dropped the price a bunch.  Good luck.

y the way. I need some plastic worms for shakey head jigs. I need some jigs also. I've lost the email you sent me with plastic and jig info. If you are still making them let me know and I'll PM you my email address again.  Thanks Doug

I was and still for present time am looking at Lasik Lazer Surgery. It does not include the high end lenses but just the plain clear lenses but it is done with a lazer rather than a scapel. Yea, everyone has told me the drops are a real pain and being single it is up to me to put them in my own eyes. I have trouble getting Visene in my eyes so not going to be any easier with the eye drops for sure. I have already checked with my insurance company and all I will have to pay is a deductable on the drops and they will cover them. Guess I lucked out there anyway.

• Like 2

I have had two artificial lenses put in (cataracts ruined my eyes).  I did have dry-eye syndrome, and it continues, but the new eyeballs are simply spectacular. (BTW, I paid all of my costs, and it was worth it)

Edited by R_Bert
  • Like 2