686-1 value

pops572

I am not starting a for sale ad, I want to know what this is worth so when I do list it in the classifieds it actually sells and doesnt sit there with people looking at it going he’s lost his mind. So I have a nice 686-1 with aftermarket grips and a couple of speedloaders. I think from my research it is pinned and recessed and no lock. Has the target sights and trigger. Made in the mid 80’s  

I was thinking $650 but have seen some listed for as high as 9 one even over a grand and as low as 475. So please let me know what you think. I an trying to get pics to load but giving me a hard time. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/1SZ27Mc

Edited by pops572

No 686, not even the no-dash models, was ever pinned and recessed.  S&W stopped pinning barrels before the first L-frame was made.  

People can ask whatever insane amounts they want for their guns, but selling them for that price is another matter.  If you have the box and original grips, I think $650 would be a good deal for someone.  If you have only the aftermarket grips, I think $650 will be an optimistic but perhaps not impossible figure.

Hope this helps,

Whisper

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.