ALS Technologies/Less Lethal Munitions: Help?

Punisher84

I had no clue where to put this so this should work.

I'm looking for professional opinions on a few different types of items. It's mostly work related and I can't go to much into it, but it was something I was asked to check into and though this would be a good start.

First: ALS Technologies. Anyone heard of them or used them?

Second: Less lethal Munitions. Bean bag rounds etc. Any type better than the other? I've seen the bags, one that shoots out 3 large pellets, an OC rocket??

Third: Less lethal launcher. Go for 12 gauge rounds or a 37/40MM multiple round type device as in an actual launcher?

Fourth: Smoke grenades, OC/CS grenades. Good for crowd dispersal? What types?

Lastly for my own private wants and enjoyment. What all is involved in getting a 40MM attachment for my AR? :) No real reason. I just was curious.

Before I get 3 pages of jokes on here do me a favor guys keep it to a minimum please? This is not for my own personal ninja rambo army it's legitimate business related stuff so I need real honest opinions on the products. Thanks folks.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldnt you be fine just using the Taser? I think if your not careful a lot of those rubber rounds could kill. A 40mm launcher requires a $200 destructive device stamp and they are EXPENSIVE....a 37mm launcher does not and can be fitted for 37mm/12g/and marine flares....go that route. I think the Spikes tactical one runs $299.00 or $399.00...they also have a stand alone model as well.

I've had dealings with Mike Aultman of ALS...good guy.

Give him a call and he'll give you some "no BS" info / help.

If you need ALS specific questions answered, Mike is the guy to talk to.

He is the VP of Sales.

Contact him at mikea@alstechnologies.com

Also, if you are looking for a very good alternative, Hero-Gear is the distributor for CTS or Combined Tactical Systems for TN, KY, parts of AL, and AK.

http://www.combinedsystems.com/main.html

I have a Spikes 27mm launcher on one of my ARs for zombie control. I'm sure that someone more in the know than I will correct me, but I don't think a civilian can own a launcher and "destructive devices" that it can launch at the same time unless the launcher is registered as a destructive device. I also believe the ATF has listed bean bag rounds, and similar rounds as "destructive" when owned in conjunction with the launcher.

My 37mm is a "gas round launcher" with the approiate ALS rounds, both CS and smoke.

Magic, Todd, and Joe thanks for the help! I'll probably give Mike a shout once I know a bit more about what we are looking for.

All I really know right now is my employer is wanting to look at several options for mass crowd control. At least to the degree that our teams can be self reliant until we get outside assistance in any case of a Mass Casualty event.

It's pretty out of the box and renegade as far as what I actually do goes, but it's really exciting for all of us considering we are just in the private security field and there is talking of amping us to something more. Again thank you for the replies!

Magic, Todd, and Joe thanks for the help! I'll probably give Mike a shout once I know a bit more about what we are looking for.

All I really know right now is my employer is wanting to look at several options for mass crowd control. At least to the degree that our teams can be self reliant until we get outside assistance in any case of a Mass Casualty event.

It's pretty out of the box and renegade as far as what I actually do goes, but it's really exciting for all of us considering we are just in the private security field and there is talking of amping us to something more. Again thank you for the replies!

Glad I could help. :-\

Glad I could help. :-\

:doh: I'm glad you pm'ed me man. That all under the bridge now, what are the benefits of different types. Like the pellets VS. the solid bag and such. Anything work better over the other?

Also, smoke grenades. Any point really? Look neat and mark an area I guess?