CZ-USA moving to Little Rock

Another gun company moving south. It must be the weather :cool:

On Tuesday (April 23), Gov. Asa Hutchinson and local economic leaders announced in a state capitol press conference that CZ-USA, a Czechoslovakia-based gun manufacturer would locate its North American headquarters in the Little Rock Port Authority. The $90 million facility will manufacture, warehouse and distribute the company’s high-end, precision firearms, while employing up to 565 workers over the next six years.

Construction will begin immediately, with the initial start-up planned for March 2020. Production at the Little Rock facility will commence in two, three-year phases.

Arkansas won out over several states, according to Arkansas Economic Development Commission Director Mike Preston, in part due to the central location for U.S. distribution and workforce opportunities. Incentives provided by thestate include a forgivable loan, the Governor’s Quick Action Closing Fund, and several sales tax and construction tax breaks. Workforce training funds will also be made available to the company. A complete dollar amount was not available at the press conference.

CZ-USA, the U.S.-based affiliate of Czech firearms manufacturer Česká zbrojovka a.s. Uherský Brod (CZUB), will locate the headquarters on 73 acres at the Port of Little Rock.

“As CZ looked to increase our presence in North America, it engaged in a multi-state search for the ideal location,” said Bogdan Heczko, CZ-USA chairman of the board. “The Arkansas workforce, culture, business climate and industry support cleared the way for us to choose Little Rock as our new home.”

https://talkbusiness.net/2019/04/cz-usa-to-locate-90-million-facility-565-jobs-in-little-rock-port/

• Like 3

Its good to see city/county/state leaders that want to entice business to their area. They can’t give away what they don’t have; and they don’t have those taxes now and won’t have them if business doesn’t come in. If they give them loans they don't have to pay back; so be it. What they will have is local residents making over $25 million (at least) a year, to do with what they please.

Good for them.

Not to mention we will have more guns made in the area. :)

:up:

30 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

Its good to see city/county/state leaders that want to entice business to their area. They can’t give away what they don’t have; and they don’t have those taxes now and won’t have them if business doesn’t come in. If they give them loans they don't have to pay back; so be it. What they will have is local residents making over $25 million (at least) a year, to do with what they please.

Good for them.

Not to mention we will have more guns made in the area. :)

:up:

You seem to have taken a defensive position.   I didn't say it was a bad thing.   I said it was interesting.  

5 hours ago, Capbyrd said:

You seem to have taken a defensive position.   I didn't say it was a bad thing.   I said it was interesting.  

Sorry if you feel that way; my comment wasn’t aimed at anyone here. I was thinking about when AOC and the rest of the clueless whiners thought the $3 billion in taxes breaks for NY and VA should go to the restoration of neighborhoods. They thought there was $3 billion somewhere. Now there is none. :)

I’m sure you thought it was interesting that local leaders would care about the community enough to make that deal. :up:

Edited by DaveTN