10/22 stock Question

memphismason

I am thinking about getting one of these?

Does anyone have any personal opinions about this stock?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/RGR260-1.html

UPDATE

I got it in yester day. I had to turn around my front scope mount so that the top piece would fit on the gun. So I will now have to sight my scope by in. YAY!!!! Nothing like shooting 22s.

The quality isn't the best, but it isn't just flat out crap either. Feels good to hold, balance is nice. I hope to shoot it this weekend.

Here is a Picture

SL373661.jpg

Edited by memphismason
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Todd@CIS

For a 10/22 it would probably be OK, but I wouldn't use ATI products for anything more serious than that.

I haven't been "wowed" by ATI's quality in the past.

I have the black rubber Hogue on my 10/22 and have no desire to ever change it.

Hogue has plastic and rubber stocks. Make sure you get the rubber stock if you choose the hogue path.

the reviews on cheaper than dirst seemed good. I will never buy from cheaper than dirt again. the week of the election they raised the price of ar-kits from 500 to 1000 and are still gauging on many many parts and accessories.

Does anyone have any personal opinions about this stock?

If you really want a personal opinion...It is kinda ugly

Also...there is a piece made to look like a heat shield around the barrel that may affect accuracy. 10/22 is quite sensitive to this with respect to the v-cam shifting. Barrel and sights being on different parts and all.

Edited by I_Like_Pie
If you really want a personal opinion...It is kinda ugly

Also...there is a piece made to look like a heat shield around the barrel that may affect accuracy. 10/22 is quite sensitive to this with respect to the v-cam shifting. Barrel and sights being on different parts and all.

I think that is part of why I like it, it is ugly.

I got cha, on the barrel and sights being on different parts. That makes sense.

I am hoping some has one or had one, and can offer their opinions. Just curious, about it.

Guest coldblackwind

I've got one on one of my 10/22's. Its not super high quality, but it is comfortable to shoot, and I have never had any accuracy problems. Many squirrels have perished at the hands of that particular 10/22. I wouldn't tell you not to get it, its not half bad. If you don't like it, toss the original back on.

are you looking for a stock to improve your accuracy or just to look cool?

:poop:

Neither. Looking for something with a pistol style grip. The original stock is painful to shoot (for me anyways), so I was looking for something in the style that I shown. The way it is "hollowed out" in the back also makes me think it is lite.

Plus it is cheap, so if I don't like it, I haven't lost a large wad of money.

I've got one on one of my 10/22's. Its not super high quality, but it is comfortable to shoot, and I have never had any accuracy problems. Many squirrels have perished at the hands of that particular 10/22. I wouldn't tell you not to get it, its not half bad. If you don't like it, toss the original back on.
I have one as well adn like it. Quality is not fantastic, but it's not crap either. For the price, I am very happy with it.

Thanks. That is kind of what I expected to hear. I think I will order one this coming week.