Interesting conversation with my son on Covid-19

My younger son is 35 years old and works for the Geek Squad at the local Best Buy. Having heard so much about how younger people aren't taking this seriously, I wanted to see where he stands. I worry about him being out there in the retail world with this stuff going around. 
Turns out that both he and the store are taking this very seriously. Lots of hand sanitizer readily available to all employees. They're told if you feel sick at all, stay home. Sick leave available to all. Don't take chances. 
He also told me the store is doing a booming business. What with so many people working from home, they're selling lap tops right and left. Along with all the stuff that goes with them. Folks are buying lots of stuff and preparing for a quarantined life on the internet. 
He also told me that if the store should have to close, he will still be working. It seems that they have a lot of customer equipment in for repair and those folks would completely freak out if they couldn't get their stuff back. So Geek Squad will keep working even if the store is closed. The plan is that when a repair is done, they'll call the customer and have them meet at the door to pick up the item. That's pretty good planning to me. ;)
We further discussed the virus and I'm happy to say my son has his head screwed on straight. He knows how bad this could get. He's taking proper precautions but not panicking. ;)
But as we wrapped it up, he looked and me and said "You keep your butt in the house! If you need anything, I'll bring it to you." My boy does me proud. :D

So anybody else know of businesses with back-up plans in motion? Tell us about it. I'm wondering who else has a backup plan.

• Like 5

I work from home anyway, but my wife doesn't. Her work is putting business before their employees even though she could work from home - which in and of itself is annoying - but the business recently moved to Cummins Station to be hip. Since that's a public building that uses public restrooms for the businesses that it contains it places them at even more risk. My wife is 58, a diabetic, and has high blood pressure. Given these conditions, she is the most likely to bring it into our house and could seriously be affected by it. I am 59 with worse diabetes and high blood pressure than my wife has so I am at a higher risk. I have a 37-year old daughter living with us who has VERY bad lungs from allergies, so it could hit our family hard. Fortunately, my daughter has been put on WFH for at least anther week but they'll probably extend it.