I hate Franklin Gun

Guest utarch00

Guest utarch00

I hate Franklin Gun. I have been trying to go there for the past four weeks. The first weekend, I went on a Sunday, they were closed. What kind of crap is that. The second weekend, I went there on Saturday and missed thier hours of business by a half hour. Last weekend I could not make. This morning, I leave the house to get there when they open up, to make sure I get in and what do I find. A sign that says "Closed for Vacation." What kind of business are they running. They are mostly open during the week, when the general population works. They are closed half of the weekend, when the general population is able to come in and spend their hard earned money. I was told by a buddy that the owners are never there anymore, they have employees that work there now, so why can they not run it when the owners are on vacation.

Thier prices on guns are ridiculous, but all I wanted was to look at a gun belt and holster.

Sorry, done bitching.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[RANT]

I hate it when places are closed on Sunday, it's one of the only things I miss about Michigan. I went to two different local gun shops on Sunday to buy my first XD and both were closed, well gander mountain wasn't and the gun was the same price...hmm what do you think I did...

Then I go into shops and here them gripe about people going to big shops and not supporting the local places, well I would have if you open...jeez

[/RANT]

Guest tjbert47

I haven't been up there much sense they moved to the new building. But I used to drive to that store to buy almost everything just because they were so nice and knowledgeable. It worth a few dollars more for good service and friendly people ( even when I had problems ).

I sure hope your wrong about the owners not running the store.

Tom in TN ;)

Might I suggest Guns & Leather on Hwy 41S in Greenbrier? Reasonable prices, good people, open 7 days/week, including to 9pm 4 nights/week including Fri and Sat. Depending on where in Nashville you live, might even be closer to you.

http://www.gunsandleather.com/

I've spent good money there and have always been well taken care of. Dennis Williams is the boss.

Guest sermon8r
Might I suggest Guns & Leather on Hwy 41S in Greenbrier? Reasonable prices, good people, open 7 days/week, including to 9pm 4 nights/week including Fri and Sat. Depending on where in Nashville you live, might even be closer to you.

http://www.gunsandleather.com/

I've spent good money there and have always been well taken care of. Dennis Williams is the boss.

Dennis and his sons are the Best

Guest Steelharp

Every gunshop I know is closed on Sunday. (Len, I didn't know G&L was open 7 days a week. Good to know. I've never made the trip.) I would hardly blame them for your obvious lack of ability to read the hours sign when you stopped there on that Sunday and then miss them during their hours on the following Saturday.

The next weekend that you couldn't make... well, perhaps you should apologize to them for being such an unthoughtful arse as to not think that they wouldn't be disturbed by your inability to show.

And heaven forbid that someone be able to take a vacation without checking with you first. Let's see; I haven't had a vacation in 16 years. Would it be alright with you if I take one... if I ever have a chance to?

--------------

Man... some people really should discipline their kids more...

Guest triggertime

Here's a novel idea, pick up the phone and call to see if they're open before you waste gas driving out to Franklin. BTW, Guns & Leather is open on Sunday from 1pm to 5pm.

You're not my kid; I wouldn't waste my time.

Yeah, but somebody sure needs to.

We live in a "Wal Mart World" where every store is open 24/7, offers the lowest prices, and will refund money on purchases for no reason whatsoever, no questions asked.

It is unrealistic to expect a mom n' pop to run like Wal Mart. Stores have hours because their owners have lives outside the store. They have return policies (usually no returns or refunds) because margins are tight and they cannot, unlike Walmart, simply send the item back to the manufacturer for credit. They have higher prices because it isnt a big operation.

On the flip side, you wont get the selection of stuff you see at Wally world. Nor will you get the level of help and expertise you would expect at a mom n pop, and the personalized service.

The small inconvenience of heeding store hours seems to be worth it. FWIW I also work on appointments on Sundays. If I noticed a significant demand for Sunday hours I wouldnt have a problem opening then. But so far I havent seen it.

Guest triggertime

Actually...yes, I do call first. No sense in wasting gas if they're not open or if they don't have what I'm looking for to begin with. To each his own, I guess.

While I agree with many points on this particular thread (esp the one about the hours, (sorry bout that Utarch, these guys deserve down time too)..lets ease up on the meanness guys, please? we're all americans, no matter where you're from.

Brank, bud..you caught that one square in the kisser..I understand how you feel, as you know I worked up in Mn, last winter and never felt more like a fish out of water. The only thing that kept me up there was the money...those folks, while hardy, don't have the sense God gave a gnat.

we are for the most part, 2 different cultures. Lots of things are different down here and as my buddy once told me "I spent 20 years in the south, one night"...;)

I can understand how ya feel Utarch, I was the same way about my barbershop, but in the end, if you like them, support them or go where you feel most at home..Its hard as all get out to run a Gunshop now days..these guys have to deal with all sorts of red tape from the government, finagling and overall dumb stuff from people...and much like scuba shops, there's always some macho bunghole that comes in and knows everything about everything...that tends to get on thier nerves..I can understand that, I'm sure they can also appreciate the phrase "I'm profit, they're overhead".

Remember, we're all Americans here, there's enough folks out there that want our hides without us trying to shave each others, so keep a little kindness in your hearts for your fellow American.

Great, I enter the thread to see a knockdown, and instead it's a love fest. Timing has never been my thing.

The truth of the matter is that probably 90% of us agree probably 95% of the time on almost everything. Its the other parts that make it fun:devil:

Guest yankeegonesouthern

Dang, this is the first post I have seen bashing in so far. It may be deserved but don't be bashing the north!!!

lol...

You don't know the north that I am from if you are saying the north ain't civilized.

Some folks just don't have common sense(Like maybe calling first).

Oh, and some of us make do with our GEDs. ;)

Guest Steelharp

No problem, man. Apology accepted, and one delivered back. This has been, and will remain, one of the nicest places about guns on the 'net.

Well, except for SOME people... and YOU know who YOU are!! ;)

1. Your are right, I can not spell or type worth a ****, that IS why I went into arctitecture, WHO CARES. I also see that punction is not your strong suit either.

Add word usage.

I'll give credit since it is early on a Sunday morning and none of us is at his best.

Guest triggertime

No apologies to me are necessary. I don't care where you're from originally or if you were an english major or a typing major. I'm just stating the obvious, call first before you drive from Nashville to Franklin. It will save you gas, time and aggravation.

I did say that I can not spell or type, didn't I.;)

Has nothing to do with spelling or typing. There is no such word as "punction." You meant punctuation.

FWIW, I was taught in school that if you couldn't spell and couldn't use words correctly then your ability to reason and present logical arguments was probably flawed too.

Experience has taught me that my teachers knew a thing or two.

Has nothing to do with spelling or typing. There is no such word as "punction." You meant punctuation.

FWIW, I was taught in school that if you couldn't spell and couldn't use words correctly then your ability to reason and present logical arguments was probably flawed too.

Experience has taught me that my teachers knew a thing or two.

Thanc yoo fer yore expirience. ;)

I hate Franklin Gun. I have been trying to go there for the past four weeks. The first weekend, I went on a Sunday, they were closed. What kind of crap is that. The second weekend, I went there on Saturday and missed thier hours of business by a half hour. Last weekend I could not make. This morning, I leave the house to get there when they open up, to make sure I get in and what do I find. A sign that says "Closed for Vacation." What kind of business are they running. They are mostly open during the week, when the general population works. They are closed half of the weekend, when the general population is able to come in and spend their hard earned money. I was told by a buddy that the owners are never there anymore, they have employees that work there now, so why can they not run it when the owners are on vacation.

Thier prices on guns are ridiculous, but all I wanted was to look at a gun belt and holster.

Sorry, done bitching.

Last edited by utarch00 : Yesterday at 11:38 PM.

I, like many others, intend to enjoy a good scrap now and again (from a distance, of course)... but I read this thread right after it was posted before any replies came, and then again this afternoon (gotta catch up on all the juicy TGO gossip!), and I noticed all the replies and whatnot. Then I went back to re-read the original post, and saw it had been edited late last night. I was just wondeirng what the original said. I can't remember if something was taken out, added, cleaned up... I don't know... just curious.

Well... back to the love fest... <g>

**BRENT**

P.S. Yes, I use ellipsis too much, so whoever wants to get on me for that, google what it is and then you can get on to me about it.

P.P.S. Yes, I know I use it wrong at times, this is on purpose.

Dang, this is the first post I have seen bashing in so far. It may be deserved but don't be bashing the north!!!

lol...

You don't know the north that I am from if you are saying the north ain't civilized.

Some folks just don't have common sense(Like maybe calling first).

Oh, and some of us make do with our GEDs. :)

hahahah Ok, would YOU eat lutefisk?

;)

I don't mean, in any way to cast aspersions on the north, but there's no way in Hades that I'm going to eat a pickled until its jelly, fish.

Like I said to begin with, they are 2 different cultures. while they are my countrymen, don't expect me to follow their diets or their reasoning too far.

I can't. Mainly because I live in a totally different environment. I don't icefish, I rarely drink. the ability to drive a snowmobile is not critical where I'm from.

see? 2 different worlds!

I didn't bash them....well, yes I did. you don't see lots and lots of southern folks moving NORTH do ya?;)

For those of you that took umbrage at my remark, I'm sorry you got upset.

:P