Thanks Frank from Elite Tactical Systems for alerting me to this site.

Avid hunter and shooter, looking to get into 3 gun this year. Building variant caliber ARs has been my love of late.

I can be found daily on 458socomforums.com or on ARFCOM as Rightwinger or RightwingerTN

Looks like I have another forum to consume even more of my time

Thanks for having me.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ETS_Inc

Welcome aboard, brother. You'll enjoy this place. Even when people get a bit cantankerous, it's pretty hospitable. (Of course, that's my impression of TN as a whole. No matter how annoyed the people are at Damn Yankees such as myself, they treat me well.)

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

As you may have already seen, I ain't shy.

Tower, look forward to discussion of .308 in AR or Springfield Armory. I have had my eye on both for some time ! Would love to win the lottery and get that Hathcock model :shrug: M1!

Funny you should say that! My brother used to shoot with Hathcock. It was after the trailer fire that had him in the wheelchair....

I saw him once. That guy could shoot 1000 yards like we shoot 50 yards...he was incredible.

I don't know if he's alive or not these days,haven't seen him since the mid 90's

Guest Phantom6
Funny you should say that! My brother used to shoot with Hathcock. It was after the trailer fire that had him in the wheelchair....

I saw him once. That guy could shoot 1000 yards like we shoot 50 yards...he was incredible.

I don't know if he's alive or not these days,haven't seen him since the mid 90's

Carlos Hathcock died back in early 1999 I believe. His 93 confirmed kills saved the lives of a lot of soldiers, marines, sailors and airmen in Viet Nam. Only 2 men had higher confirmed body counts in that little slice of heaven. One was a US Army Sgt. named Bert Waldron with 109 confirmed kills and the other was Marine L/Cpl. Chuck Mawhinney. All 3 were miracle workers with M14's and Remington 700's and were, without a doubt in the same league with Hetzenauer, Allerberger (German) , Palichenko and Zaitsev (Soviet), 4 of the most successfull and decorated snipers from the second world war.

Thanks Phantom. Last time I saw him, he was in a wheelchair and had a heck of a time getting out to the range, but I believe that was his one true, God given gift.

One that he used to keep us all free.

now, back on topic,

hey rightwinger, again, welcome to the forum. I hope we get a chance to shoot together some time.

perhaps ONCE a year, we should all try to get together for one massive TGO meet.

Tower you cracked me up :) .

I re-read my post and see the double meaning. Of course I meant that no one here should be cussin the yankees,;). And if anyone needs cussin I volunteer to do it!:cool:

As for snipers I saw the episode on Myth Busters about Hathcock and the shot through the scope. Pretty incredible:up:.