Need suggestions for a vacation in april

Me and the wife are planning a vacation in april. She is pregnant and wants to go somewhere before the baby is born in July. We thought about going to atlanta but I'm having second thoughts. I don't really want to fly but I might consider it for the right place. Just let me know your thoughts.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest johnnyo

Doug is correct.

In fact anytime in Jamaica is nice. Wish I were there now. I went for my first time back in June of 2008. Liked the island so much i went back in Nov 2008. We stayed in Ocho Rios in June and Negril in Nov. We had our Thanksgiving there. The Rum is heavenly. I'm already planning another trip.

I have been to Jamaica 7 times and loved everyone of them.

I picked up a 52' Viking fishing boat that just arrived in Isla Majeriz,Mexico sunday.

To fly you co to cancun,tickets are cheap and take the ferry to the island.

I have been to mexico about 20 times but never to this island.I have rented a house until june and will most likely purchase a house next week.

It is smaller than cozumel and a very friendly area.

The sail fish are in by the 1000's.

Good luck ,

Chris

Outer Banks N.C. is a great place to look at. If you look around you can find some really nice beach houses to rent out. They come equipped with pools, spa and a nice balcony. You have you own backyard which is the beach. And you can fish right off the shore. There lots of places that you can visit, such as kill devil hill where the Wright Brothers first made flight, the Cape Hatteras light house, excellent seafood, and much more.

Edited by war4peace
Guest JHatmaker

Another vote for Savannah. Wife and I went there for our 1 year anniversary. April will be the perfect time, as the summers there are hot as.....

Great food, easy city to walk around (completely flat). If you go the bed and breakfast route they have some good deals right about now I bet.

Guest Hyaloid

Just outside of Savannah, GA... a little place called Tybee Island.

Destin, FL is great too, but becoming a bit better known now I think.

I like Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area in AL. If you are into planes and flying the Navy avaiation museum are a short drive over in Pensacola FL. I will warn you that if you travel to the popular beach destinations in April there will be a ton of college kids there on Spring break, lots of drunken fun. If you dont want that then stay away from Mexico and PCB.

-Jason G

Guest JHatmaker
I like Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area in AL. If you are into planes and flying the Navy avaiation museum are a short drive over in Pensacola FL. I will warn you that if you travel to the popular beach destinations in April there will be a ton of college kids there on Spring break, lots of drunken fun. If you dont want that then stay away from Mexico and PCB.

-Jason G

Forgot about good ole' Gulf Shores, clean cheap and not crowded. Also +1 on the aviation museum. One of the best in the country.