New/Old FEG Hi Power

Guest Matchguy

Guest Matchguy

Hey you'ns,

If I was a FEG PJK 9HP with the old style safety, BHP style slide stop, and original BHP style wood grips, three dot sights not the old narrow ones, and a serial number of B502XX, roughly what year was I born in?

I finally located one in unfired condition and bought it (stole it) for $314 + fees. The sonofagun is brand-spanking-unfired-unracked-pristine-new-from-the-ground-up-and-I'm-still-pinching-myself!! I'll give a report on it and show some photos in a few days. But for right now I was wondering if anyone could date this gun re: one they bought new in a given year, etc. etc. I bought one that was about three years old and it's serial number was in the B90XXX's. I kinda figure this gun goes back to the mid 90's but don't know for sure.

Any help appreciated, y'all. Thanks and best wishes.

Edited by Matchguy
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first handgun was a PJK-9HP. Fantastic HP copy. The only difference between it and the FN HP i had was the notch in the slide for the slide release. I put a C&S extended release and had to modify it a little. Other than that I think all other parts are interchangeable except for the front sights. don't know anything about DOB but you could check with charles Daly as they were the importers.

Guest Matchguy

Well Y'all, here is the new FEG PJK 9HP. The weather finally allowed me to go outside without freezing the camera, so I took a couple of quick shots this morning. It is every bit as nice as the photos make it out to be......stiffer'n heck to boot. But it is brand new and has that wonderful FEG black-blue job I like so well. I waited a long time for this bugger and I am really enjoying it. The grips are Cocobolo from CDNN, the mag is a MecGar 15 rounder with a Pachmayr pad.

Yes, I pet it a lot, kinda like my old '57 Chevy. Here 'tis:

PICT0070-1.jpg

PICT0071.jpg

PICT0073.jpg

PICT0079.jpg

MG

Guest gcrookston

Match, there used to be a site and I was going to send you the link, but it is dead. Looking at the wonderful pictures of your excellent pistol, I'm going to guess it was an 1980's mfg piece.

Guest Matchguy
Congrats, those are fun guns. I don't have a PJK 9HP like yours, but I do have an FEG P9M (very similar) in addition to a MKIII BHP. They're not 100% copies of the HP, but there is a lot of interchangeability.

I have a P9M too, Brian, and it has the Smith and Wesson innards instead of the Browning system......and the darn thing is the most accurate 9mm I've ever owned. FWIW

MG

Guest c.a.s.

You. Officially. Suck. I enjoyed my chance to shoot a Hi-Power at one point, and it balanced well for me. But they are all very expensive now. ANd I'm not old enough.

I have a P9M too, Brian, and it has the Smith and Wesson innards instead of the Browning system......and the darn thing is the most accurate 9mm I've ever owned. FWIW

MG

Ah. I just bought this and haven't taken it to the range yet. It does seem to use BHP mags, and when I open them up they look very similar except for the barrel. Which I find odd.

Guest Matchguy
Ah. I just bought this and haven't taken it to the range yet. It does seem to use BHP mags, and when I open them up they look very similar except for the barrel. Which I find odd.

Brian, It took me several months to get all this straightened out, but I finally wrote a long report on the different internal systems of the P9M and posted them at the following link. I think if you'll read through it and tear your gun down and compare it to the photos you'll be able to tell whether it has the Browning or S&W internal system. Look here:

http://proguns.proboards92.com/index.cgi?board=semiautos&action=display&thread=3518

Jerry

Guest Matchguy
Thanks for the info Matchguy. At a quick glance it seems I have the same kind of P9M you do. If it functions well and can share magazines with my existing BHP I'm not going to complain too loudly.

You're welcome, sir. Yes, it will take any mag the BHP or PJK 9HP's or other P9M's will take, including the 15 shot MecGar's. The FEG double actions, P9R's etc, require a different mag and can't use the Browning design mags. my doggone P9M is the most accurate 9mm I've ever owned.

Jer

Guest Matchguy

I got to the range this afternoon and managed to squeeze off eleven rounds at 15 yards, standing two hand slow fire and the gun shoots as good as it looks. Looky this:

PICT0123-1.jpg

Without the called flyer the group measures 1 7/8" and was shot with ordinary Federal American Eagle 115 gr FMJ loads. These are the first shots the gun has ever fired. The trigger is a clean pull of around eight pounds after you skitter and scrape your way through the $*&^#@ mag disconnector, which shall soon be gone. I figure that will reduce the pull by a couple of pounds, then I'll decide what I want to do with the trigger after a couple of hundred rounds. I'm one tickled dude right now.

Jerry