FED EX RANT!

Grayfox54

1 hour ago, bobsguns said:

(shrugs)

Maybe, maybe not. All I know is there's a boatload of deliveries that have serious issues. I've experienced this as have many others in here. 

We'll agree to disagree. 

The majority of issues described in this thread have little to do with a driver lying and more to do with mistakes and errors made due to laziness, sloppiness, lack of training or experience, getting overwhelmed, lack of rest between shifts or jobs, faulty algorithms/analytics/automation that American businesses are becoming more obsessed with, etc.  But some people who think they are untouchable due to the current labor climate have gotten a rude awakening.  

Edited by deerslayer
1 minute ago, deerslayer said:

The majority of issues described in this thread have little to do with a driver lying and more to do with mistakes made by employees due to laziness, sloppiness, lack of training or experience, lack of rest between shifts or jobs, faulty algorithms and analytics that American businesses are becoming more obsessed with, etc.  But some people who think they are untouchable due to the current labor climate have gotten a rude awakening.  

It's not just this thread but perhaps I should've noted that point though.

My dates tell me they're "untouchable", can I give them a rude awakening?   😆

SURPRISE! SURPRISE!  The original order finally showed up today. 😵 Just shy of 3 weeks. 🤬

The lady I spoke to at Springfield on Nov 9 asked me to let them know if it ever came. I sent them an e-mail. No response yet. But if they want me to send them back I will. They were nice enough to resend without question. I guess I can do that much. 

I've had to deal with Springfield's customer service several times over the years. Only once was it due to a gun needing repair. The other times it was something small like I need a screw or something. Every single time they have bent over backwards to take care of me.  And at no charge. 

Springfield Armory Customer Service is the best in the industry. Probably the best in any industry.  👍

20 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

SURPRISE! SURPRISE!  The original order finally showed up today. 😵 Just shy of 3 weeks. 🤬

The lady I spoke to at Springfield on Nov 9 asked me to let them know if it ever came. I sent them an e-mail. No response yet. But if they want me to send them back I will. They were nice enough to resend without question. I guess I can do that much. 

I've had to deal with Springfield's customer service several times over the years. Only once was it due to a gun needing repair. The other times it was something small like I need a screw or something. Every single time they have bent over backwards to take care of me.  And at no charge. 

Springfield Armory Customer Service is the best in the industry. Probably the best in any industry.  👍

I've sent two EMPs back to Springfield to get the chambers opened up (not sure why they insist on stupid-tight chambers on these guns).  Both times the guns were back in my hands in less than two weeks and were fixed.  If I ever get the bobtail version of the EMP, I will probably be calling Springfield for a label.  The shipping was via FedEx Express, which is the original mostly-flies-on-a-plane 1 day and 2 day delivery service formerly known as Federal Express.  Fed later bought RPS (Roadway Package System) and painted FedEx Ground on the side of the truck.  FedEx Ground is basically run as a separate company.  Fed then bought American Freightways and painted FedEx Freight on the trucks and it is a separately run freight and LTL carrier.  All the different flavors of FedEx add to the confusion when someone says "it is coming FedEx."   

I sent my SOCOM-16 back to them for extraction issues, despite the gun being 8 years old and I wasn’t the original buyer. They polished the chamber and replaced the extractor in just under a week. I  shipped the rifle on a Monday, they had the rifle in their shop Wednesday & shipped it the same day, and I had it back that Friday. They must have test-fired the crap out of it, since the rifle was clean when I sent it, and the rifle was filthy when I got it back. 

That is customer service. 

Edited by Ironhandjohn
51 minutes ago, Grayfox54 said:

Just to let y'all know the final outcome. I contacted Springfield, they provided a RMA number and sent a shipping label. I shipped the original order back Friday. Its cool. 😉

Did you mention to them their car warranty was about to expire?   😆