1911 anniversary (1911 fans only)

timcalhoun

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is the 98th anniversary of the 1911 becoming the official sidearm of the US Army.

I will take mine out and fondle it immediately. :)

In the beginning God created the 1911 and he saw that it was good and he was pleased. So, God gave it unto man and commanded that he should go forth and do good works. And man obeyed god and went forth unto all the nations and fought evil wherever god directed. God’s divine creation in the hands of righteous men never failed. But man being born in sin gave into his evil nature and brought forth from the earth iron which he formed into vile creations of his own, mocking God. These creations were mainly of the double action type and particularly the safe-action type. This plague spread throughout the earth leaving in its path devastation to fast and accurate trigger control like the world has never seen. God, while being disappointed with man brought forth an example to show the world the way back to his good graces. He sent forth scores and scores of M and GM’s to witness to the world by example the superiority of the 1911. But Satan in his evil way sent one man to do his bidding. Woe I say unto the beware of the man in the black shirt that cradles mans vile creation in his hands for he is a deceiver and will lull you to believe if he can do it so can you, but he is not of this earth and he will lead you to ruin. So, to all the sections across this righteous land embrace the divine creation and cast away this creation of man’s arrogance. Heed this warning and resist the temptation of the plastic abomination.

That's a little over the top.

Edited by Garufa
Awww, come on. Don't sweat it.

Trust me, if I can live with the heat from my Harley Milk thread, you've got nothin' to worry about. ;)

No I'm cool. :) I just wrote it for folks to enjoy. However, I originally wrote it for the Brian Enos forum and it was really enjoyed there. But after reading it again I just think it is too specific to folks who compete in IPSC/USPSA. I just thought in light of the 98th anniversary I would post it here.;)

yeah I made the comment the other day in Hero Gear that I was holding out for a 100th anniversary edition.....not sure what will be offered but maybe I will have enough money by then but am sure that Colt will want a pretty penny for such an item.

Guest hickok

Whether you like a 1911 or not, it is one giant piece of history. I've shot untold thousands of rounds through them, but in recent decades, I've trusted my life to Glocks. That said, I still get them out and enjoy them occasionally.

Maybe I'll fondle them more this week than usual. Jeff Cooper would be pleased, I'm sure.

Guest bkelm18

No denying the 1911s place in history, and barring some unforseen travesty on our rights (AWBs), the 1911 will still be a popular gun for quite some time to come. I think it'll still be around when we make the switch over to ray guns. It'll be like black powder guns are now. Whenever you shoot one at the range people will stare at you and shake their heads for shooting such an antique that produces plumes of smoke. :)