ZLB Plasma centers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the second response to first email:

Your e-mail was forwarded to me regarding the issue about handguns on our premises.

As our policy currently stands, we do not permit anyone (with the exception of our own security guards and law enforcement personnel) onto our premises with any type of weapons. I appreciate you sharing your concerns with us, however, this is our policy.

We stipulate that the appropriate State mandated signage must be posted in order to inform individuals legally carrying concealed weapons that those weapons are not permitted. Hence, given that we do not have the signage is why our management personnel simply asked you to not bring the weapon onto our property in the future. Please note we respect your right to carry a weapon and will in no way infringe upon that right, however, we also reserve the right to defer a donor for any reason we deem in direct conflict with what's in the best interest of our organization, specifically the safety of our employees, donors, and visitors. Therefore, we respectfully request that you no longer bring your weapon onto the ZLB Plasma premises.

Over the next couple weeks, we will review our signage policy and make a decision whether it serves our best interest to post the signage so as to alert other donors and visitors to our business on the expectations we have regarding concealed and non-concealed weapons.

We thank you for being a loyal donor, and thank you for sharing your thoughts on this subject.

Have a safe day!

Regards,

Sanjeev

Sanjeev Bissessar

Human Resources Department

Sr. Manager – Health, Safety & Environment

my response:

just let it be known that UNTIL the signs are posted at your Tennessee locations, your management has no idea of who is carrying and who is not carrying. you go ahead and post your signs. that way the only weapons you will have to worry about are illegal ones. and what steps has your company taken to prevent further shootings like the one that happened 2 weeks ago at the Rossville Boulevard location in Chattanooga?

their response:

I appreciate your concerns, and we are taking steps to insure that weapons are kept off our premises. We are continuously working with law enforcement as well as doing community outreach programs to prevent similar incidents as the one you've noted below. We also welcome and encourage suggestions from concerned donors such as yourself, especially since you are a key part of our business. We do take this seriously, and as I've stated before, the safety of our employees, donors, and visitors is the number priority for us as an organization.

Thank you again for sharing your opinions with us.

Regards,

Sanjeev Bissessar

my response:

the only way you are going to keep them off the property is to install metal detectors and have a guard running the machine. it is like i have stated before, criminals do not care what steps you take, what rules you make or what signs you post as the 18 year old proved in Chattanooga. he is a convicted felon and he is under 21. 2 big marks against legally owning ANY weapon.

did you know that for someone in the state of Tennessee to obtain a handgun permit, we have to have a background check and fingerprints run by the ATF, FBI, and the TBI (Tennessee Bureau of Investigation)? and your taking the high road with the position of being worried about safety with my handgun on my person? if anything you should be honored that i would be there armed in case something were to happen.

the sad thing is it usually takes someone having a vey bad personal experience before they change their personal views. my handgun course instructor had a coworker go through that very thing. she called her a bad mother for teaching her kids about guns and what they are capable of doing. mind you, a gun has no idea whos hands it is in. they are not programmed to kill kill kill. it is a machine. and a machine is going to do the bidding of its operator. the coworker of my instructor had a life changing experience one night, she got off work and was held at knifepoint and raped after she had gotten off her job. defenseless. no one to help. she now carries everywhere she goes.

i can keep telling oyu these factual stories, giving you links, and all that other nonsense, but the fact remains that I and others like me should be the last worry on your mind. handgun permit holders have a strict law we have to comply with, and you will never see one playing with a gun like clint eastwood or a robocop spinning it around and around. our defense weapons stay put, and do not get touched unless it is a life threatening situation.

permit holders are the safest citizens there are. it is a shame that society has grown so scared over firearms in general, they will pass judgement without ever bothering to learn the facts.

****ing internet sources. let me recheck my post. i pasted some things from lexus nexis.

edit: i scanned over the emails, what post did that come from? that is totally wrong and if i pasted that it came from somewhere else not me. they wont know that, but that still is not the point. i didnt see it. maybe i am blind lol

Edited by cadillacdude1975
Guest nraforlife

Ask them if they are taking on the liability that will occur should you or anyone else get hurt while on their premises.

Knowing the 'element' that hangs out around Plasma Centers, and I ought to know having worked by one for years, there is no way in God's green earth that I wouldn't want to be armed there.

Edited by nraforlife
****ing internet sources. let me recheck my post. i pasted some things from lexus nexis.

edit: i scanned over the emails, what post did that come from? that is totally wrong and if i pasted that it came from somewhere else not me. they wont know that, but that still is not the point. i didnt see it. maybe i am blind lol

3rd paragraph of post 25

Also somethingelse from that post..."it is legal to carry UNLESS the handgun has been physically seen and the holder has been asked to leave and not come back."

AFAIK nothing requires the property owner to actually see the weapon before they can tell you not to come back armed. If you tell them you are armed, it's not like you have to pull it out and show them for them to tell you they don't want it there.

from the emails i have gotten they are dead set on being against it (allowing legal carry) and with the signs coming, i just told them what is going to happen until they post. they are not backing off the stance of no carry, and the thing about it is they will put you on the national deferral list if you violate one rule. it does not matter if it is a medical reason or not. once you are on that deferral list, you might as well have HIV because you will never donate and get paid again.

edit: i did say that, but in the same sentence i told them to go ahead and post the legal sign, that way the only people they will have to worry about being armed are the thugs that dont give a hoot about the sign or the law anyway.

Edited by cadillacdude1975
Am I misreading this or did you essentially take it upon yourself to tell this organization to post better signs so that any loophole that may have existed to allow carry will be removed?

+1.Sounds like he should not be mentioned all over again.:tinfoil:

Guest nraforlife

Why I deep cover with a Kramer or 5.11 undershirt. ONLY way you'll ever know is if I have to take my shirt OFF. Not if it becomes untucked or I take a leak.

Guest Whiskers

I would NEVER tell anyone at an establishment that their signage or lack thereof was not in compliance with state law. Why help the other side?

Guest nraforlife

Boy oh Boy just wait til we can carry in restaurants. Bet there are oodles of folks just waiting to explain how their posting is wrong

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bill Lumberg

I'm glad you've highlighted the common conflict between plasma donors and draconian plasma center policies.

Next week, Greyhound Stations vs. Alcohol, 7pm central.:P

Guest HexHead
but only 2 locations in chattanooga, both owned by the same company.

Yeah, but you aren't on the radar screen at the other location.

Guest HexHead
the second response to first email:

Sanjeev Bissessar

Human Resources Department

Sr. Manager – Health, Safety & Environment

They passed it on to the HR dept.? WTF?