cedar shavings for dogs bed

Guest mark_justmark

Guest mark_justmark

I didn't know where else to post this.

Do any of you guys know where to get some cedar shavings for my dog's bed? We're in Middle TN.

Last year I put down cedar mulch but I want to try shavings this time.

Thanks,

cottage-bed-.jpg

yeah, the picture is just a joke

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pontiac_fiero_g

like was already mentioned walmart is a good source i beleive it s about 8dollars for about 3 cubic feet. i use it in my dogs house and it keeps them warm and keeps the bugs away too.

Guest mark_justmark

Hey Thanks guys,

I went to Lowes and Home Depot and all I found were Cedar chips and blank stares. I was trying to find a better deal than WalMart. Thanks for the help.

Our dog doesn't really have a bed like that, I stole that picture off the internet to give you guys a sniker

Guest Traumaslave

My wife made our dog bed. We went to Wally World and found some heavy material in the sale bin, bought a big zipper, and she sewed it right up. Home made bed for about $10 and 10 minutes of her time. She doubled the material over so it is nice and thick. I bought a box of stuffing and bag of cedar shavings and there ya go. The same bed would have cost far more than I was willing to spend. I just empty out the stuffing and throw it in the washer.

Guest mark_justmark

We thought of that, but this ol boy stands guard outside, and beds down in his Igloo with cedar chips under his Goodwill blankets. Those old blankets get washed a lot, too often. With spring time, I was thinking he needs shavings only.

Thanks

Since you really never said beyond "middle tennessee" as to you location, the Clarksville Rural King has it in those big huge bags. I use it in my rabbit dog's houses. Cheaper than Walmart also.

WD

Hey Thanks guys,

I went to Lowes and Home Depot and all I found were Cedar chips and blank stares. I was trying to find a better deal than WalMart. Thanks for the help.

Our dog doesn't really have a bed like that, I stole that picture off the internet to give you guys a sniker

Thank goodness. I hate to see any animal treated cruelly!:D