The Springfield Echelon Thread

TGO David

• Administrator

Might as well start one of these threads.聽 馃檪

Here's mine.聽 I had a Holosun 508T-X2-GR green dot optic and a spare Streamlight TLR7A weapon light lying around, so onto the Echelon they went.

i-StxzZrb-X4.jpg

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS...

I have not yet had a chance to fire it but hope to be able to do so tomorrow.聽 At this point, dry fire practice is all that I have with it.聽 Even still, I am greatly impressed by the way the gun feels in the hand and really hope that Springfield releases a Glock 19 sized variant, since this one is identical in size to the Glock 17.

The ergonomics are superb.聽 The grip texture is essentially what all of you Hellcat owners have been enjoying since that model was released.聽 The texture uses an interesting design where there are taller "granules" that provide the initial bit of traction, and then shorter granules beneath them that you add more traction as you apply greater grip pressure.聽 This keeps the texture from being rough against the skin like some guns are [I'm looking at you here, Smith & Wesson M&P M2.0] but gives you more traction when you need it.聽 I dig it.

The trigger is excellent.聽 Glock snobs will love it and also hate the fact that the factory Glock trigger doesn't feel as good.聽 There is a moderate amount of pre-travel, a crisp wall, and a very short reset with strong tactile feedback.聽 The Sig P320 doesn't have anything that feels like this.聽 If the P320 trigger drives you crazy, this is your jam.聽 If you like the P320 trigger, you might not care for this one.

The front cocking serrations on the slide are executed better than any I've seen yet.聽 I really like the "trench" design wherein the scallop of the serrations goes slightly deeper into the slide toward the ejection port.聽 This will help prevent your hand from slipping off of them as you use the front serrations for a press check or to completely cycle the slide.聽 Very well done.

While running an optic makes the cocking "wings" on the trailing edge of the slide unnecessary, I really do like that they are there for aesthetics, and for functionality if you prefer to run iron sights sans an optic.聽 They took what Heckler & Koch started with the funky ears on the VP9 slide and made it more practical and more durable.

I bought this thing just to see what the hype was about and really had no intention of carrying it, but... damned if I might not just do that.聽 If the gun shoots as good as it feels, and as good as everyone says it does, then this thing might end up going places.聽 With me.聽 Literally.

• Like 6
13 hours ago, Kano said:

Just got one a day ago your review is spot on.

Honest Outlaw

Good God, could that optic look any clunkier.聽 I could see it on a duty weapon or competition pistol, but not for a concealed carry weapon. The whole package just looks big and clunky. The WL doesn't help.

• Sad 1

This is merely a FYI for those people that encounter the issue of聽the slide not locking back on the last shot which may be caused by the Echelon's slide stop lever placement is further back on the frame towards your hand verses where the Glock's slide stop lever is located on their guns.

This is surprising given the amount hard work HS Produkt put into the ergonomic design of the Echelon.

At the 7:50 time in the video below, he explains the issue of the slide not locking back on the final round leading to a dead trigger. The probable cause being people with large hands having their grip likely depressing the slide stop.

I watched another video from Pew Pew Tactical by the same shooter for the Glock 47 MOS and he did not experience the failure of slide lock on the last shot using the Glock.

Just my observation. YMMV.