Anyone here used a CZ Redhead Premiere shotgun long term?

eRay

I just bought a 20 Ga CZ Redhead Premiere O/U shotgun. First CZ shotgun I have ever owned. The fit and finish on this thing looks great. I like it so well that I am thinking of ordering a 12 Ga to go with it. I know they are made in Spain for CZ. I was just wondering if anyone here has had any problems with this gun. If I ever want one, I probably need to go ahead and get it while CZ has a $100 rebate. Opinions?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, JeffL said:

Don't buy Turkish shotguns.

That's been my general rule of thumb as well. But folks sure do buy the hell out of those Retay Shotguns at prices much higher than I normally see the Turkish guns sell for.

On 12/3/2023 at 9:07 PM, Fencersms said:

PSA has drake on sale for $550 right now. Idk if redhead is twice as good

I looked at a Drake at my local gun shop. I could not force myself to like the open area with no rib between the two barrels. Other than that, I would probably like the Drake just as well. I ordered a new Redhead Premier in 20ga from Family Firearms a couple of weeks ago for $828. It had a wood to metal fit more like a Browning or Beretta. Compared to the Drake it was gorgeous. Really nice wood. Yesterday, I took the plunge and ordered a new 12 ga just like it. I really like the 20ga but 12ga shells seem to be much more available at a reasonable price.

3 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

That's been my general rule of thumb as well. But folks sure do buy the hell out of those Retay Shotguns at prices much higher than I normally see the Turkish guns sell for.

Only thing standing between me and a Beretta is $2500.

On 12/5/2023 at 10:57 PM, eRay said:

Who builds an American double barrel in my $1,000 budget range?  I haven't been able to find anyone.

Mossberg had a few options. I just checked my deleted emails and couldn’t find it, but one shop  signed up for mailing list had 3/5 offerings on sale. All under $1k. 

12 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Mossberg had a few options. I just checked my deleted emails and couldn’t find it, but one shop  signed up for mailing list had 3/5 offerings on sale. All under $1k. 

I think the Mossberg Over Under guns are made by Khan Arms in Turkey. The CZ's are made by Huglu in Turkey. There may be US built O/U's for $1,000 but I have been unable to find one.

2 hours ago, eRay said:

I think the Mossberg Over Under guns are made by Khan Arms in Turkey. The CZ's are made by Huglu in Turkey. There may be US built O/U's for $1,000 but I have been unable to find one.

That makes total sense. You’re right.