Pocket Guns

Guest robert83

Guest robert83

I am looking to purchase a pocket gun to carry when I do not have my G23 with me. I would like a good brand and to keep it between 5 to 6 hundred and 9mm. Also nothing less then 6 shorts. But for a badass gun I may be willing to change my criteria. What do you guys recommend.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

Really, in my opinion, the only true "pocket" pistol in 9mm is the Rohrbaugh, though it's expensive. It's the same size as their .380 version.

North American Arms Guardian is a great gun in .380 for under $500; also I hear good things about the Magnum Research Micro Eagle (.380)

Guest Sixguns
Check out a Kahr PM9. Very small and lightweight and seems to meet your requirements.

-Jason G

+1

I love my Kahr PM9 and would recommend it to anyone looking for a pocket gun. I have never had a single issue with mine.

Guest Bill Lumberg

Pocket carry is no match for carry in a proper hoslter on a proper gunbelt, but pocket guns are easy to come by. A taurus or smith snubby work fine if you're committed to carrying in your pocket. Keltec and Ruger's LCP lead the way for even flatter guns, and are roughly equal in functional quality, though the LCP's finish and overall appearance is cleaner.

Guest rockytop
Check out a Kahr PM9. Very small and lightweight and seems to meet your requirements.

-Jason G

+ 1 on the Kahr PM9. It is a good compromise. A little pricey, but nothing like the Rohrbaugh, It's as small as the .380's except for Kel-tec and Ruger and considerably more power. And I think it is a high quality piece.

Guest kingtone

i carry my SP101 (2.25") in my pocket in a blackhawk (uncle mikes style) nylon pocket holster.

My pockets are pretty tight and the handle sits just above the opening.. but is not at all noticeable. It draws smoothly from under a tshirt or jacket.

U can pick one up for under $500 if you look around

Guest DylisTN

Bit big, but I can carry in normal jeans. Taurus also makes this in 9mm. But I like the 45 ACP. The recoil isn't bad at all. I had a Skky 9 mm almost identical to the KalTec P11, but could not tollerate its recoil. The PT145 is much easier to shoot.

Guest robert83

After looking at the 9mm pistols and the high prices I think I may move to a .380. I like the Ruger LCP. But from what i've been told it's hard to find one in a gun shop.

What about a G27...you could use the mags from the 23 for some extra capacity if needed and get the Lonewolf 9mm conversion barrel. I have a pocket holster for mine and...depending on the size of the pockets ;)....works nicely.

Guest bkelm18
Pocket carry is no match for carry in a proper hoslter on a proper gunbelt

That's debatable. I can draw from my pocket much faster than I can from my belt. The only reason I don't pocket carry 100% of the time is because I prefer 13 shots on my belt vs. 5 shots in my pocket.

That's debatable. I can draw from my pocket much faster than I can from my belt. The only reason I don't pocket carry 100% of the time is because I prefer 13 shots on my belt vs. 5 shots in my pocket.

I can assure you that I can get that Kahr in the holster in my previous post in my hand as quick or quicker than my XD from IWB. Quicker for sure, if I already had my hand in the pocket to begin with.

- OS

Guest jackdog

+10000000000000000000000000000

Guest JHatmaker
Echo the PM9, but I don't think you can get one for quite $600?

Kahr-Stellar-sm.jpg

I just checked out a PM9 today and loved it! Priced at $679. I've got a Rohrbaugh R9s on the way (got a great deal I couldn't pass up), but I think the PM9 will be the next gun on my list!

Guest bkelm18
I can assure you that I can get that Kahr in the holster in my previous post in my hand as quick or quicker than my XD from IWB. Quicker for sure, if I already had my hand in the pocket to begin with.

- OS

That's another plus of pocket carry, you can grip the gun in the pocket and just look like someone with their hand in their pocket.