My favorite pistol

Guest KWW67

Guest KWW67

Well, I finally got around to posting some pictures of that Stoeger Cougar 8040 I brag about so much. I just hope I did that photobucket right...

101.jpg

113.jpg

116.jpg

118-1.jpg

119.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KWW67
That is sexy! They make that in a 9mm?

They do. It is a model 8000. You can get the 9mm or the .40 for $399.00. Grips for $35.00 to $40.00 shipped.

Guest KWW67
I really want one of those. How is the recoil on yours. It looks like a .40 cal.

Recoil is mild due to the rotating barrel system. This is one fine weapon and on the cheap. High craftmanship and very honed. Like I mentioned on another thread, this gun was $700.00 when Beretta had it's name on it. Then they (Bennelli) bought Stoeger, moved the machines to Turkey from Italy and, wh-la, the price was cut in half. Exact same machines, exact same gun, just a different name stamped on it and different symbol in the middle of the handle. They started out about $ 349.00 after the move but have went up to $399+ recently.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Fired it yet? If so, how'd it do?

Jennings... it seems like you're trying to run your post count up. You might want to review the Announcements forum if you're trying to hit 50 posts so that you can sell something in the Trading Post.

The Trading Post is now a Benefactor perk. The 50-posts thing isn't relevant anymore.

Guest KWW67
How about posting that brand..

PM sent. I have had several ask about this holster. I gave $25.00 for it at the Smyrna gun show from holsters4less. It has no brand name and the only markings are a "L" (large) and "made in USA". Sorry but this is all I know about it other than it wears great. I bought the large for a 4" XD-9 I had but the Stoeger could use a medium. Hope this helps!

Edited by KWW67
Spelling

I was at Gander Mtn. In Paducah, KY yesterday. They had one of these in the case. Vary nice gun. I would have picked one up but the idiot feds and the state line blah blah blah..

Oh well... probably didn't need to anyway. Like i don't have enough. :D

Recoil is mild due to the rotating barrel system. This is one fine weapon and on the cheap. High craftmanship and very honed. Like I mentioned on another thread, this gun was $700.00 when Beretta had it's name on it. Then they (Bennelli) bought Stoeger, moved the machines to Turkey from Italy and, wh-la, the price was cut in half. Exact same machines, exact same gun, just a different name stamped on it and different symbol in the middle of the handle. They started out about $ 349.00 after the move but have went up to $399+ recently.

Beautiful weapon, and a good price.

I was at Gander Mtn. In Paducah, KY yesterday. They had one of these in the case. Vary nice gun. I would have picked one up but the idiot feds and the state line blah blah blah..

Oh well... probably didn't need to anyway. Like i don't have enough. :yum:

Not trying to feed your addiction or anything...but Specialty Arms in La Vergne had a couple in stock as of two weeks ago.

I've got the .40 cal and I love it. Sweet lil safariland paddle holster too! Wonderful pistol IMO.