Anyone have an opinion?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen them at the gun shows. Unless you're wearing it under an open shirt or jacket, the draw would be far too slow, in my opinion.

Well, not every self defense scenario needs split second deployment to be effective. There's plenty of times that "sneaking" a gun out could save your ass, too.

Although that getup makes my torso feel claustrophobic; but I don't like undershirts period.

- OS

I've seen them at the gun shows. Unless you're wearing it under an open shirt or jacket, the draw would be far too slow, in my opinion.

I was thinking the same. Under another loose layer for summer. I can see that the draw would be slow.

Well, not every self defense scenario needs split second deployment to be effective. There's plenty of times that "sneaking" a gun out could save your ass, too.

Although that getup makes my torso feel claustrophobic; but I don't like undershirts period.

- OS

I bought some 5.11 compression shirts for wearing under my vest last summer. Dear Lord never again.

Guest Ghostrider

I like the vertical shoulder holster.

Wish Bianchi would build one to fit my XD...

I wear a t-shirt most of the time in the summer and if I go somewhere I throw a big loose shirt over it - so a vertical shoulder rig works pretty well for me. And I don't have to worry about keeping my pants up or and printing cause it's right below my armpit.

I hate the "Miami vice" horizontal style - prints like a mofo...

I may consider one of these...(Better Holster)

I'm experimenting w/ a belly band to achieve the same deep concealment. EDC for church and work, under a tucked, button up shirt. Comfortable (for me) anywhere from waist to armpit.

As for slow draw - that's me! - in a SD situation, I hope to exit, or duck and cover, then sneak draw from concealment only if necessary. Requires unbuttoning (or popping) one shirt button before drawing.

Edited by ttocswob
clarify
Guest heavyd

that video was absolutley stupid!!!! the b.g. could have turned that guys head into a canoe long before he unbuttoned his shirt,drew his weapon, then turned to fire, that thing is:poop: it would have been faster for him to call 911