Got Made today

So this week I decided to open carry at work, kind of an experiment to see who noticed. I own the place so no big deal. Today was the first day that somebody noticed, well three times.

The first was a lady who thought it was some kind of pricing gun. When she asked, I told her that yes it was a gun. She wanted to know if I had a permit for it. I informed her that yes I did and here in TN it is legal to open carry. And we do have to go to a class, qualify in shooting and go though several background checks as well as finger printing. She said "Well ok. I think it is perfectly fine to carry here I just didnt know that you could also open carry. It is not that way in Colorado. She said that now she was going to sign up for a class.

The second was an employee who said, just jokingly, "do you know you have a gun on your hip?" I responded yes, and that was the end of it.

The last time was from two women who noticed and just asked is that a gun? I said yes it is. And again I went though how you get a permit and so on. She then asked why I carried. I used the facts that I have learned from this forum and ended it with a joke, because a cop is to heavy. The women laughed and smiled, then left.

It is pretty interesting that nobody would notice till today. It was a busy week and we had a lot of people coming though the store. Just goes to show that most people are only seeing themselves and not others.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluecanary25

My best regards for OCing. Many do not agree with OC, but this is not an attempt to revive OLD thread.

I wish I could just carry at work...state job.... properly posted. :)

As to your observation about the ability of sheeple to notice weapons.

Interesting to observe reactions when some of them finally notice the firearm.... :D

Guest jos2f

Mind me asking what sort of business it is?

My company doesn't allow guns in their building (stupid corporate handbook).

*crosses fingers for parking lot gun law*

Wrangler you could open carry/conceal carry as a the owner of a business at that place of business before HCP. Most liquor store owners, Pawn Brokers and Jewelers have for years.

Edited by TNZ71
sp
Wrangler you could open carry/conceal carry as a the owner of a business at that place of business before HCP. Most liquor store owners, Pawn Brokers and Jewelers have for years.

I know. I was just in the mood this week to see. Most of the time I dont want people to know I carry just because i dont want them to know.

I carry both ways, but when I get made while concealed, I tell people it is a colostomy bag and act real self conscious. Kills the line of questioning instantly, lol.

Too damn funny....:biglol:....oh wait....that really isnt funny...or is it?:)

Guest Bill Lumberg

Unless you were revealed as an undercover police officer, or inducted into the mafia, you weren't "made", rather observed. If it doesn't adversely affect your business, go with it.

Guest mustangdave
I carry both ways, but when I get made while concealed, I tell people it is a colostomy bag and act real self conscious. Kills the line of questioning instantly, lol.

LMAO...I will remember this....:screwy:

Anyone who would wear a colostomy bag at 3 o'clock or more would have to have a very strange intestinal routing.

- OS