Ammo purchase limits comes to Chattanooga Wallyworlds

Guest Spuds

Guest Spuds

Well, Fort O store anyway. Went by at lunch, I check 2-3 times a week just for grins, no pistol ammo save stuff I don't want and no .22lr bricks. What was new was a sign limiting ammunition purchases to 6 (six) boxes total. Buy 6 boxes of 9mm (assuming they had any), and you are done, can't buy anything else. Buy 3 bricks of .22, and a box each of .38 special, 357 SIG and 40S&W, that's 6 boxes, you are toast for the day.

I haven't been able to buy anything there at the Fort O Wallyworld in the last month save for 2 boxes of 40 short & weak I bought one day out of frustration--I don't even own a 40S&W. I doubt this will help, but I hope it will.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tlondon

clarksville walmart had a couple of 50 round boxes and a couple of 100 round value boxes. I bought one and the guy at the counter said that they was going to limit also but did not know what the limits would be yet.

I stopped by the Hixson and Soddy Daisy WM today and both stores were limiting total purchase to 6 boxes. I scored a couple Remington bulk packs of .223, some WWB .45, 100-round box of .38spl +P and some 9mm. I really hope this 6 box limit helps.

The guy in front of me was trying to buy all 20+ of the .223 and stormed off when the clerk would only sell him 6. :P

Guest TargetShooter84

a question for you all....how would walmart know you bought 6 that day?

what if I came in the morning before work, bought 6....then came back in that evening....surely enough they'll have a different person working at the counter....?

a question for you all....how would walmart know you bought 6 that day?

what if I came in the morning before work, bought 6....then came back in that evening....surely enough they'll have a different person working at the counter....?

They wouldn't...It's designed to keep guys from coming in and buying thousands of dollars worth in a single transaction, while giving other customers the opportunity to purchase some ammo.

I wish they would do it here. I would go so far as to wish they would take down a persons name and check it to keep people from coming back for additional boxes.

Dang, if people would just buy what they need to shoot right now this problem would ease up.

Wal Mart setting ammo limits is crap!

I should be able to buy all I can afford. It's not like I am buying up all the milk, cheese and bread.

It's not like you are going to die if you don't get to buy AMMO. I was in the Outpost this week and they have tons of ammo.

If ammo becomes a commodity them step in and set limits. Until them first come first serve.

Guest TargetShooter84
They wouldn't...It's designed to keep guys from coming in and buying thousands of dollars worth in a single transaction, while giving other customers the opportunity to purchase some ammo.

I figured they'd have it on the credit card records since I'm sure majority of them buy on credit cards.....

Guest Spuds
I stopped by the Hixson and Soddy Daisy WM today and both stores were limiting total purchase to 6 boxes. I scored a couple Remington bulk packs of .223, some WWB .45, 100-round box of .38spl +P and some 9mm. I really hope this 6 box limit helps.

You got that at Hixson? Or Soddy-Daisy? I was in Hixson ~5 p.m. and all they had was 40S&W, but I don't look for rifle ammo and wouldn't have noticed 223 if they had any. Wouldn't have minded some 45ACP and 38 Spcl.

Signs are also up in Hixson as mentioned, Signal Mountain, Ooltewah, and both Cleveland stores. No signs in Tiftonia yet.

Heard the guy who has been getting it all at the old Cleveland wallyworld has an in with a female manager there, hope the limit applies to him too.

I should be able to buy all I can afford. It's not like I am buying up all the milk, cheese and bread.

It's not like you are going to die if you don't get to buy AMMO. I was in the Outpost this week and they have tons of ammo.

If ammo becomes a commodity them step in and set limits. Until them first come first serve.

No one is forcing you to buy ammo at Wal-mart. Check the door as you walk in, they have the right to refuse service to anyone...

Also, I live 1 minute from a WM and 1.5 hours from The Outpost. Here's a idea, you keep buying all the ammo you want from The Outpost and I'll buy my handful of ammo from the Wal-mart down the road so I can go shooting this weekend.

Edited by BrandonTN
You got that at Hixson? Or Soddy-Daisy? I was in Hixson ~5 p.m. and all they had was 40S&W, but I don't look for rifle ammo and wouldn't have noticed 223 if they had any. Wouldn't have minded some 45ACP and 38 Spcl.

Signs are also up in Hixson as mentioned, Signal Mountain, Ooltewah, and both Cleveland stores. No signs in Tiftonia yet.

Heard the guy who has been getting it all at the old Cleveland wallyworld has an in with a female manager there, hope the limit applies to him too.

As of 5:30, Hixson had .40 and tons of .223. SD had 9mm and .45 around 6. I got the only box of .38spl they had.

Guest TargetShooter84

I disagree and you must be a hoarder.....not leaving any for others to buy their own ammo....

Setting limits is the most responsible thing to do....how would you feel if you were out and couldn't find a part for your car b/c some jackass was buying up all those specific parts....you'll be pissed everytime you stopped by the store.....

Be responsible and comply with the limitations and be happy your getting 2 boxes of ammo.

Guest TargetShooter84
It looks like your wish is coming true. I was at the Walmart near west town mall today and they had a sign up about the limit.

West town or East town?

Walmart near West town is Walker Springs that I can think of....unless your talking about Clinton hwy walmart which has already done that....