My 04 Ford Cobra or why I dont have more guns...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friends dont let friends buy smart cars...hell if you want small and fuel efficient I have an 07 Yaris for sale 36mpg, 5spd, and a Toyota 4cylinder not that junky 3cyl that requires premium like the Smart....but I digress. I would like to get a whipple or KB...what made you choose the Whipple over the Kenne Bell? Hows the handling with the SRA...mines still IRS with a brace (and probably going to stay that way).

I went Whipple over KB because of price and I like the looks of teh Whipples better. Now that KB's no longer have that breadbox look I may have gone with the KB Mamouth Kit. Both are great blower.

The SRA is mild build for dratrack duty. It has all solid bushings and a Detroit/Eaton Tru Track diff , and 10-way adjustable shocks...so it is not as smooth as IRS but still feels good on the street IMO. Plus I like the idea of 5,500 RMP launches with out fear of breaking a halfshaft. Link to the rear build Soild Axle Build for '03 Cobra Coupe - SVTOA Nashville Forums

The IRS brace is a good Idea I had a brace on both of my IRS's...better safe than sorry. Unless you want to upgrade injectors, fuel system and other stuff I'd stick with the port and the spray. :)

Guest kdpate
Shhhsh + I had better not see you in a Smart Car on Sundays :)

:) neah like the truck better than a Smart. Plus I get to look down on the peeps in their vehicles...;)

Friends dont let friends buy smart cars...hell if you want small and fuel efficient I have an 07 Yaris for sale 36mpg, 5spd, and a Toyota 4cylinder not that junky 3cyl that requires premium like the Smart....but I digress..

Was just looking at them while waiting on a family friend to finish up with a customer. Wouldn't mind driving one if gas went back to $4-6/ gallon, but just hate to think about working on one:\ Get worse ribbing than when I had a Miata....

I went Whipple over KB because of price and I like the looks of teh Whipples better. Now that KB's no longer have that breadbox look I may have gone with the KB Mamouth Kit. Both are great blower.

The SRA is mild build for dratrack duty. It has all solid bushings and a Detroit/Eaton Tru Track diff , and 10-way adjustable shocks...so it is not as smooth as IRS but still feels good on the street IMO. Plus I like the idea of 5,500 RMP launches with out fear of breaking a halfshaft. Link to the rear build Soild Axle Build for '03 Cobra Coupe - SVTOA Nashville Forums

The IRS brace is a good Idea I had a brace on both of my IRS's...better safe than sorry. Unless you want to upgrade injectors, fuel system and other stuff I'd stick with the port and the spray. :)

What do you think about a Dragon welded single blade throttle body over the ported stocker im using?...I do have a friend that has the hookup on Ford GT pumps (the supercar) so I might beef up the fuel system if its cheap enough. A whipple or KB is not in the foreseeable future $$$

Guest JHatmaker
Next time there is a shoot we need to bring the cars. I would love to see some of them.

Werd, I'll bring my pimp a$$ completely stock Accord with child seat and 17's, have alll you foolz droolin' :P

I would actually like to see everyone's rides at an event, maybe the Mid TN shoot in May. I'm more into the German offerings, but do appreciate good ol' American muscle...

I have not looked into the Dragon units very much... I have an accufab Single blade on both of my Whipples. Is the TB ported with your ported eaton? i would not upgrade the TB until/if you do a Twin Screw..but that is just me.

A link to stuff that Posi does/has Products - SVTPerformance

Both the throttle body and plenum are steg ported....they say 15rwhp on a ported Eaton over the stocker...if thats actually true then it would be worth the money. Twin screw is a long long way away...unless I just run across an amazing deal on a used one.

Guest Linoge

*sigh* You guys have got to stop putting up pretty pictures of expensive things I cannot afford.

Although, speaking of, those are some nice houses... how much property under them?

*sigh* You guys have got to stop putting up pretty pictures of expensive things I cannot afford.

Although, speaking of, those are some nice houses... how much property under them?

Who said I could afford it :P Those houses have been reduced to around $700k I believe that gets you 1/2 an acre...but the location is undeniably awesome(walking distance to Turkey Creek). Great house for someone that works at home like a day trader or internet guru.

Guest cjr

Nice Ride,I have a stock 2007 z06 Vette.Its plenty fast for me.I got it in Nov.06 and it has 2100 miles.

I hate to mile it up but, cant stand not to drive it.

Guest nitrous_mike

I guess it is ok .... But then again I just have an old worn out 21 year old LX with a simple exhaust mod :D. I will be doing a whipple swap on my buddy's 04 mystic vert this summer along with LT's and an upgraded fuel system. I am still on the fence about looking for an 03/04 cobra or a C5z06 for my next project once I am done with this old worn out LX.

Nice Ride,I have a stock 2007 z06 Vette.Its plenty fast for me.I got it in Nov.06 and it has 2100 miles.

I hate to mile it up but, cant stand not to drive it.

Those cars are awesome. One of my friends is thinking about a Lingenfelter kit for his...my other friend just put a ATI Procharger on his 06...course he also has a 1200hp Twin Turbo Viper :hiding:

If I can make my car consistent im not gonna really do anything to it for awhile...I learned a long time ago theres always someone a lot faster then me.

Guest czmelson
czmelson, ive seen your car for sale, VERY nice, a camaro is more my style anyways. an numbers on it?

Procharger D1SC-5lbs of boost-427 rwhp/441 rwtq/Moser 9" rearend/spec 3+ clutch/longtubes, etc,etc.

It is a very nice car but since I had my work truck taken away, for the company to cut costs, I would like to sell it and get a four door 4x4 truck. I also do not drive the car very much since it never sees the rain.

if its not high mileage and has a spot on tune, with a centrifugal 8psi at 6500rpm should be no problem, will only see max boost momentarily anyways. given he has upgraded the valvesprings and hasnt increased compression.

12psi should be doable with a little methanol/water injection.

this is on an LS1 btw, not sure what the ford mod motors can handle...

Guest czmelson
nice, although 5psi sounds VERY conservative to me. are you on ls1tech?

5 psi is on the conservative side. The engine is stock and that is the stock pulley on the car. I wanted to get a 8 psi pulley, but I will also need a new tune (which is the expensive part). It would probably increase the hp much closer to 500 at the wheels. I lost interest in the car and didn't not want to put that money in it. The original plan with the D1 was to build the motor and about 15 psi = 650+ rwhp.

8 psi with a good tune is about the most you want to go. I have seen a few stock motors with 10 psi but none have lasted very long. I am a member on ls1tech and mtfba. The car is for sale now for $12,900 obo if anyone you know might be interested.

That is a Very nice car, Congrats! I will be getting a muscle car in the next few months, I am considering a Shelby GT 500, 2007, 2009 or a 2009 Challenger SRT8 which I will probably get. I love the 04 Cobra enjoy that car :pleased:

Guest TennFarmer

That Cobra is NiCe. I like the newer Mustangs, got a 98 GT dropped about 2" all around, handles up the Dragon like a go cart. The 08 and 09's are beautiful, I'll wait a couple of years for one.

My passion was the old stuff. Here's my GT500KR that I had in the mid 90's. Wish I'd kept it. I had several of the Boss 302's and a 69 Boss 429. Love to get back into them, just out of my price range now.

KR.jpg

Guest TinkerBell

o thats nice.... im either wanting an '08 gt blue with white stripes or a '10 prolly just blue maybe white stripes or dark red with gray sripes...