TGO Monthly Shooting Contest - May 2009

Guest JHatmaker

Guest mjnsx07
I hope to soon... but don't know if i've improved as dramatically since last month as you have... maybe I better have these GGI folks work on my gun first... They must be magicians.:koolaid:

I call a truce. Until others weigh in, I'll consider myself mistaken.

Grayguns specializes in mostly Sigs and some HK pistols.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mjnsx07

Why are you have be an a-hole? because you are.

I don't have to prove anything to you or anybody else. All it matters is I did good shooting that day and you have not. End of the story.

Why are you have be an a-hole? because you are.

I don't have to prove anything to you or anybody else. All it matters is I did good shooting that day and you have not. End of the story.

Look, watch what you say and where you're going with your attitude!

I'm sorry I noticed that you shot as good as last month, only this time, one-handed and 9ft further away... 7rds touching each other out of 10, inside a bullseye barely larger than a quarter at 30yrds strong-hand (with a heavy gun, seemingly better than many pro marksman could do...) when last month the best you could pull off was a score 2 points higher with both hands! ...seems more than a little odd... guess I'm just a pesimist, and maybe wrong, ...but seems you're exceedingly lucky... or just a cheater!!!

We'll see if anyone bests your remarkable stroke of luck...

Edited by CK1
Guest mjnsx07
Look, watch what you say and where you're going with your attitude!

I'm sorry I noticed that you shot as good as last month, only this time, one-handed and 9ft further away... 7rds touching each other out of 10, inside a bullseye barely larger than a quarter at 30yrds strong-hand (with a heavy gun, seemingly better than many pro marksman could do...) when last month the best you could pull off was a score 2 points higher with both hands! ...seems more than a little odd... guess I'm just a pesimist, and maybe wrong, ...but seems you're exceedingly lucky... or just a cheater!!!

We'll see if anyone bests your remarkable stroke of luck...

Hey, you watch what you say. Last month, I got 98 points. Right after someone posted a score of 99, I went to shoot again and I thought I can pull 99 or better which I did score 99 that day. And I did not post that one because April shooting contest was over. You are just jealous that I have shot this good and you have not in your life. I just got lucky this time. And don't Don't be a jerk. Don't ever call me a cheater. You HATER. I am not going to spend my time arguing with idiots on internet.

Edited by mjnsx07

CK1 you were a little harsh when you flat called him a cheater. Did he follow the rules? Hell I dont know I wasnt there, but BOTH of you guys need to calm down. This is supposed to be FUN, and we are all friends here. Damn yall are acting like 5 year olds. I thought TGO was a place I could come to get away from sh%t like this. Rant off....

-Jason G

Guest JHatmaker
CK1 you were a little harsh when you flat called him a cheater. Did he follow the rules? Hell I dont know I wasnt there, but BOTH of you guys need to calm down. This is supposed to be FUN, and we are all friends here. Damn yall are acting like 5 year olds. I thought TGO was a place I could come to get away from sh%t like this. Rant off....

-Jason G

Thanks Jason, you got to it before I could. Please guys, I started this back up for fun. We have to use the honor system here, and if some guys do cheat, it's on them (and I'm not insinuating that mjnsx07). I'm not trying to play moderator here or anything, and I can't tell anyone how to act, think, or feel; but let's try to stay cool.

Like Jason said, we come to TGO to get away from all the back and forth stuff, and this is a friendly competition to promote getting out to your local range and practicing shooting, and maybe helping to improve your skills so at some point if those skills are needed to defend yourself or someone else, you'll be better prepared (damn that was a long sentence...). Don't make me have to organize and old school Andrew Jackson duel b/t you too. Let's pretend ya'll shook hands, and let this be water under the bridge.

Ok, back to shooting!

Guest mjnsx07

-Jason G

I am sorry to TGO members if I made this place look like run by 5 year old kid. I am just little upset. I love the sport of shooting. He just hurt my feeling that I am a cheater. That is all.

Guest mjnsx07
This was my best target.. 91 ain't good enough. :-\

May09TGOentry.jpg

Congrats. Very nice shooting considering the caliber you shot.

Edited by mjnsx07

I'll be posting mine up later after work. I'm just taking 1 target so if it looks like swiss cheese so be it LOL

On a side note, let's remember that Jhatmaker is setting all this up and offering the prize out of his own time and pocket so the next time there is a dispute or someone wants to start grade school antics remember that's what the PM system is for and let's not muck up a good thread and as Jason and JHatmaker said a good sport.

I'm not a mod so you don't have to listen to me either, but we're all adults. Maybe we should act like it.

Guest BigShot
Congrats. Very nice shooting considering the caliber you shot.

This pistol is as accurate as any I've owned. I really got lucky with this build. It loves white box ammo and with a good two handed hold on a good shooting day, one ragged hole is common.

By the way... 45s Rule!! :D

Guest mjnsx07
This pistol is as accurate as any I've owned. I really got lucky with this build. It loves white box ammo and with a good two handed hold on a good shooting day, one ragged hole is common.

By the way... 45s Rule!! :)

BTW, Who built yours?

Well, I went to Guns and Leather today with the collection and have to say it was a humbling experience.

I shot two targets per gun and took the "best" of the two.

Browning Hi Power 9mm (probably my favorite pistol until I put together a good load for my new 1911):

2954wzp.jpg

My brand new first 100 rounds today Colt Commander 1911 series 80 .45 ACP:

28qynvr.jpg

Edited by Ruprect
posted 1911 twice

And the last two...

Glock 22 .40 S&W:

9qzlna.jpg

S&W mod 36 .38 spl

(I must admit I shot this one single action the double action results were scary):

25fou3c.jpg

Edited by Ruprect
same as before, I don't learn easy

-Jason G

i'm sorry guys.. i know TGO isn't a place for something like that kind of back and forth...

i should know better that no one cares to follow some stupid rant like that, and i hope you all understand i didn't mean to bring any of you down.

please forgive my skepticism.

Guest BigShot
My brand new first 100 rounds today Colt Commander 1911 series 80 .45 ACP:

My experience has been the groups get better as it breaks in. You gotta great start!!

If you want... check this out!! When I had the snag sight like you have on that Commander, it's impact was an inch high, like yours. Look at the link below and see if something like that would be to your liking. Everyones sight picture is different but a similar one brought my groups down to center the 10 ring.

1911 AUTO CARRY REAR SIGHT at Brownells

:P

Guest JHatmaker
i'm sorry guys.. i know TGO isn't a place for something like that kind of back and forth...

i should know better that no one cares to follow some stupid rant like that, and i hope you all understand i didn't mean to bring any of you down.

please forgive my skepticism.

Hey man, don't worry about it, it's water under the bridge! :)

Heres my embarrasing attempt...........HPIM0992.jpg

Nothing embarrasing at all with that Target !!!! What's embarrasing is anyone who does not post a Target and talks smack about anyone who does. You did great and should be proud !!!!