Glock vs Taurus

Guest GatorsRule1976

Guest GatorsRule1976

I haven't had the chance to fire either of these yet, but will before i purchase. Just looking to get some thoughts on these. I am looking at the G26 and PT111. Possibly the G19 if i can conceal it easily. I have heard ups and downs on both, and I look at it like this...when you buy a car, you have the chance it might be a lemon. I feel this is the same with guns. As I read somewhere on a post, there are 2 flavors of guns..."cherry and lemon". Some thoughts? Pros or Cons you guys might have run into?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

Shoot them both, see which one suits you best. For me personally, if I had the money for either, I'd get the Glock 19. Proven platform, reliable, parts are easily available.

Shoot them both, see which one suits you best. For me personally, if I had the money for either, I'd get the Glock 19. Proven platform, reliable, parts are easily available.

+1 on the Glock. Just bought the 19. Nice gun. :lol:

Guest GatorsRule1976

Found a good price on a G30 yesterday...$500.00 too bad I'm not a LEO!!! That was leo pricing.:lol:

Guest TJones8611

Glock too...Simple gun that delivers every time. I also agree with bkelm, I would shoot both if possible before buying. I have seen many guns that I thought I wanted until I was able to out a few rounds through it.

I'd personally recomnmend the G26. Highly reliable. Have heard enough negative on Taurus and have had a few misfires trying a friend's. Glock hands down.

Yeah, a Mercedes is a bit much, I'd compare it more to the Honda Accord. You'll get 300k miles out of it, with very little trouble along the way. The most reliable gun made, IMO. And I love the standard sights that come with it.

Guest Archimedes

Glock, of course...

I have a 36 and it fits very nicely in the front pocket...of my slightly baggy, large-pocketed jeans in an uncle mike's.

I would highly recommend night sights for any personal defense pistol for obvious reasons. Try to budget it at purchase and you might be able to cut a deal, but it's also something you can do later, certainly.

~archi

I'd go with the Glock too. I don't like the trigger on the Taurus or the sights or the feel of the gun. The Glock is more than reliable. It's very accurate. How do you plan on carrying it? I carry mine IWB. If that's how you are planning on carrying yours, you might want to consider the compact version instead of the subcompact. There's only a half inch length and height difference in the two. But you get a grip that you can hold with your whole hand instead of having your pinky dangling off the end. You'll have a little less recoil and 13 rounds.

I've had a Taurus 24/7, Glock 19, S&W M&P, and Springfield XDm. I would recommend the XDm over any of them and the Taurus was alot better and more accurate than the 19 was. The only problem with the XDm is it's harder to conceal. Got two of them now though.

If you get a good taurus, you have a good gun. Get a bad taurus and you will till, plant and harvest your garden before taurus responds.

I agree with someone above, the Glock is not a mercedes or corvette, it is a Honda Accord that will do what it is supposed to do for a long, long time. If you find a GSSF shoot and take your Glock to the factory armorer who attends, he will repair your gun for nothing unless major parts(barrel, etc) are needed.

If you have a manual, a punch and a nice shade tree under which to work, you can probably do most of the repairs that a Glock needs. That said,after almost 20 years with my glock 19, there are no repairs needed yet. Every two thousand rounds, I install a new recoil spring and clean it.

Unless you get a real smoking deal on a taurus, go Glock!

Guest GatorsRule1976
How do you plan on carrying it? I carry mine IWB. If that's how you are planning on carrying yours, you might want to consider the compact version instead of the subcompact. There's only a half inch length and height difference in the two. But you get a grip that you can hold with your whole hand instead of having your pinky dangling off the end.

This brings up another question...I really haven't decided either one yet, so how comfortable is the IWB. It seems to me that it would be easier to conceal IWB instead of OWB. I guess once I decide on a gun, I will just have to check them out and go with personal preference.

Guest GatorsRule1976
Glock and and taurus are not even in the same category! I has a taurus PT111 and it was garbage. I have a Glock and have no intentions of ever getting ride of it.

My father-in-law traded a S & W for a Taurus PT111ti because he liked it better...which i guess leads back to the fact of personal preference. He also bought a G22 recently and seems to like the Taurus better.