TN Gun Poll

Guest ibavol

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pws_smokeyjones

its too bad really. I like the morning folks on Channel 5. The rest of their bunch stinks on ice though. Especially that clown that does the 'investigative reports' - what a Liberal wank that guy is.

Obviously they took the poll down and will not air the results because it did not give them the ammo (pun intended) that they were looking for.

Guest bkelm18

Looks like the poll froze at 70/30 so I wouldn't be surprised if they took it down once they saw how bad it was going for them.

Guest ibavol

Great job guys! I think they were trying to slip this poll in to try and kill the bill at the last minute. I doubt Channel 5 will ever air the truth when it does not coincide with their liberal agenda. The last gun poll they did was about 65-35 in our favor, Vickie Yates reported that there was only a slight difference. They shut the poll down after the 10:00 report that same night. I e-mailed the GM and news director and they gave me a BS:poop: response that they monitored the results right before air time and it was close. The problem with their answer was that I also monitored the poll... they had no reply when I told them that. Thanks to all that voted.

Guest smithandwesson

stuff like this is what I love about a site like this, thanks to the guy that found that poll we helped crush the numbers in our favor!:bowrofl::leaving::dropjaw::bowrofl::D

Did you all read this story from newschannel5?? The thing that gets me is the last paragraph. I thought the law says that If someone is in your home, you're already in fear for your life.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - For many people one of their biggest fears was what to do when someone breaks in and they are home alone. Police give their best options.

Ken Bruce makes panic rooms or safe rooms for a living.

"It's anchored to the concrete in the garage. Fourteen gauge steel and two sheets of plywood and fire resistant sheet rock on the outside of it," said Bruce.

The idea was to run to one in your home when you feel unsafe.

"From a storm, from invaders or whatever would come in, because whenever you shut the door you have a steel door with three deadbolts," said Bruce.

Police said that was one way to protect yourself if someone was breaking into their home.

Detective Jeannine Hale said every situation was different, but in general she recommended leaving the house and calling 911.

"If you feel some type of assault is what the intruder is anticipating then your best bet is probably to get out of the house as best you can," said Hale.

Two men broke into a south Nashville home in April while a woman and her husband were asleep.

"I just didn't move. I just laid there under the covers and didn't move," said the victim.

The couple had no time to react when a man held them at gunpoint while another ransacked their apartment.

"I don't know why someone would come into my home and do this to me. I think they had the wrong house," said the victim.

A lot of people keep pistols nearby for situations like this, but Detective Hale said a gun was not always the answer.

"If you're not willing to use it you could be a victim from them taking that gun and using it on you," said Hale.

She said if their going to have a gun for protection, make sure they are well-trained, so there will be no hesitation about using it.

"If you know that when you pull the gun and you'll use it, I don't see anything wrong with announcing I have a gun and I will protect myself," said Hale.

She said the best and safest option was still to get away from the home and call police.

Police said legally you can not shoot someone to protect personal property which means if you shoot someone inside your home - you must feel threatened or your life must be in danger.

Guest HexHead
Police said legally you can not shoot someone to protect personal property which means if you shoot someone inside your home - you must feel threatened or your life must be in danger.

Wasn't that one of the bills that made it to Bredesen's desk already? That you can shoot to protect personal property?

Besides, if there's an intruder in my house at 3am, I'm feeling threatened.

Guest benchpresspower
Wasn't that one of the bills that made it to Bredesen's desk already? That you can shoot to protect personal property?

Besides, if there's an intruder in my house at 3am, I'm feeling threatened.

Just as my instructor said, "They're not there to bring you milk and cookies."

Guest benchpresspower
Did you all read this story from newschannel5?? The thing that gets me is the last paragraph. I thought the law says that If someone is in your home, you're already in fear for your life.

"If you know that when you pull the gun and you'll use it, I don't see anything wrong with announcing I have a gun and I will protect myself," said Hale.

Why announce it? The ONLY sound one will hear and most likely the last is the racking of a 12 gauge.

Why announce it? The ONLY sound one will hear and most likely the last is the racking of a 12 gauge.

I'd rather not divulge my location or what I'm carrying - I'll keep one in the chamber with the safety on. If they have really good ears, they might hear the trigger being squeezed...

I'd rather not divulge my location or what I'm carrying - I'll keep one in the chamber with the safety on. If they have really good ears, they might hear the trigger being squeezed...

Nice thing about my Sig229, it has no safety. I always have one in the chamber, so the BG will only see the flash of my muzzle and feel the glowing delight of being able to breathe through a new hole(s) in his chest. I'm looking to get a little more for my home protection. I was thinking of a Saiga 12. If the BG comes in, I would have to stop after the third round because I hate doing drywall. :cool:

Nice thing about my Sig229, it has no safety. I always have one in the chamber, so the BG will only see the flash of my muzzle and feel the glowing delight of being able to breathe through a new hole(s) in his chest. I'm looking to get a little more for my home protection. I was thinking of a Saiga 12. If the BG comes in, I would have to stop after the third round because I hate doing drywall. :cool:

Yah, I was referring to my Mossberg 500. My Glocks have no external safeties, either.

:grouchy:

Yah, I was referring to my Mossberg 500. My Glocks have no external safeties, either.

:D

IMO, let the BG feel the pain and forget the "racking" of the shotgun round. Once the guy in my house I can't retreat any further if I am in my bedroom. Range is HOT. Lead standing by. If I have to wake up prior to my alarm clock, I am going to be pissed.

Always remember one important issue.Do not post anythingyou do not want shown in court. I promise you that if you posted something 10 years ago in a moment of anger or resentment it will be presented to the DA if god forbid anyone of us does ever have to defend his home or family. Unfortunately the internet is a giant storage bin for quotes to be used against you when necessary.Same goes for email.Just be very careful what you post or email. Hope this helps someone stay out of trouble.