Sticker Shock

I went to a gun shop in Dyer County today to browse around. My brother-in-law had purchased a new pistol and needed some 380 ammo, so I asked the clerk if they had any 380. Yes he had a couple of boxes of 50 and I can't even tell you what brand it was as he was showing it to me. I saw the price and immediately said no thank you. Can you believe the price was $43+ for a box of 50? :pleased:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh prices are unbelievable,I picked up a box of Speer/LE Gold Dot box of 50 230 GR GDHP for 39.99 and I think this is high,but its hard to find any kind of defense ammo in .45 Cal,so I bought them anyway,now I am kicking myself for not buying 2 of them,Midway has these for $25.00 for a box of 20,I think I got a good deal,but thats few and far between.:pleased:

Guest Policek9Trainer

I found my 380 ammo deals on gunbroker.com, got 150 rounds of hollow point and 300 rounds of round practice ammo coming in along with a couple of magazines for wife and my 9mm hi-cap

Guest aBRG2far

I picked up a 50rd Win Ranger .40S&W 180gr at Craigs Firearm Supply Tues. in Knox for 29.99 not bad for LE ammo.

My brother-in-law finally found a box of 380's for $17+ for 50 rounds. He had looked in Memphis, Jackson, and about 20 websites. As you all know, nobody had any. Would you believe that he found the box in his local hardware store? Who would have thought it? ;)

Guest JHatmaker

$17!? That's pretty good, I thought the box I got at Outpost Armory in Murfreesboro was decent, box of 50 HP for $50

My brother-in-law finally found a box of 380's for $17+ for 50 rounds. He had looked in Memphis, Jackson, and about 20 websites. As you all know, nobody had any. Would you believe that he found the box in his local hardware store? Who would have thought it? :up:

I've actually tried a couple of small town hardware stores myself, though without success. My hope was that they really sold very little ammo, and that there might be some that had been sitting there for a long time.

Guest m&pc9
I picked up a 50rd Win Ranger .40S&W 180gr at Craigs Firearm Supply Tues. in Knox for 29.99 not bad for LE ammo.

I get remington golden sabre at craigs they have good prices.

Guest JHatmaker
Cool Springs Academy Sports yesterday had Monarch 9mm for $11.99 a box. I guess in the whole scheme of things it's not a bad price, but thinking that 6-9 months ago you could get it for $6.99, I guess, it's bad.

They're all out of 9mm, went by there today. I got their last two boxes of Monarch .45.

They do have several boxes of 38 Special WWB though if anyone's interested.