Carbon Fiber Glock

willis68

When I lived in Florida a gun shop I use to frequent had virtually every model of Glock with what appeared to be a carbon fiber finish on the frames.

I was not into Glocks then so I never asked about it. does anyone know of a company that does this to the frames? if so is it a durable coating, finish or whatever it is?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's not sprayed on. It's dipped into a "bath". Pretty awesome to watch.

The method is actually pretty durable. You'd be surprised to know which products are coated with the very same method.

The one and only time I was able to visit a demonstration of the process, they were doing all the plastic parts for 4X4 ATV's and other off-road vehicles. I'd say it's pretty tough stuff.

No, it's not sprayed on. It's dipped into a "bath". Pretty awesome to watch.

The method is actually pretty durable. You'd be surprised to know which products are coated with the very same method.

The one and only time I was able to visit a demonstration of the process, they were doing all the plastic parts for 4X4 ATV's and other off-road vehicles. I'd say it's pretty tough stuff.

Thanks for that, I may just get all 3 of my Glocks done!

Guest eyebedam
never mind

Why even waste the effort of typing if that's what your gonna type? I never understood that on a forum. Maybe speaking face to face but on a forum?

Can't say I totally understand the carbon fiber thing... I mean, the appeal of CF is it's light weight, whereas by doing these water transfer graphics, if anything, you're adding weight :shhh:

I suppose if you just want the carbon fiber look, it works...

Why even waste the effort of typing if that's what your gonna type? I never understood that on a forum. Maybe speaking face to face but on a forum?

because on this forum you dont have the luxury of being able to delete your own posts, only edit them.

Can't say I totally understand the carbon fiber thing... I mean, the appeal of CF is it's light weight, whereas by doing these water transfer graphics, if anything, you're adding weight :shhh:

I suppose if you just want the carbon fiber look, it works...

It is just for the look, thats all

• Administrator
because on this forum you dont have the luxury of being able to delete your own posts, only edit them.

It keeps people honest. ;)

"How can you say such a thing?"

"I never said that."

"Yes you did!"

"No I didn't"

"Yes you did!"

"Where?"

"Right here... uh... you deleted it!"

"No I didn't."

"Yes you did!"

:D

After speaking with Dynamic Finish today I have decided against this. While it looks very cool to me the man I spoke with said that there are no guarantees as to how it will stand up on a pistol that is used much at all. I have also researched and found 2 people who said that it lasts 1 year if they are lucky.